Inside No 9 Series 6 Page 2

Ep 2 better than Ep 1.
Not reaching the heady heights yet, though.

I enjoyed ep 2. The final scene rammed the point home a little too much, but it was well paced and the performances were strong. It wasn't particularly funny, but I'm happy that not all of them are.

Yes I thought it was better than the first one but the trouble is that each episode is - or tries to be - different from the last one.

Yes it was very good despite the blaring plot mistake (spoiler alert: he forgot about the cloud) and would never have got away with it in reality but I'm guessing that like TOTU of which this looked like a carbon copy, they inhabit their own insular world.

I wish sitcoms would readopt this tight and spare formula - A minimum of characters and sets gives more focus on plots and performances and script, That's if they make any more sitcoms. :(

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 20th May 2021, 5:20 AM

I wish sitcoms would readopt this tight and spare formula - A minimum of characters and sets gives more focus on plots and performances and script, That's if they make any more sitcoms. :(

Unfortunately 'quota' casting is never going to allow that.

Now, that was more like it!

Quote: Will Cam @ 20th May 2021, 8:17 PM

Unfortunately 'quota' casting is never going to allow that.

How do you mean, quota casting?

Ep 3 back up to standard.
Whew.

One set, 3 actors (4 if you count the hitman) Brilliant.

SG - might I suggest a nifty edit in case people haven't seen it yet?
But it was good, wasn't it.

I'll never ever use a hotel room kettle again............................ Sick

Captain Pedant here...................

I'm going to nit-pick on a subject I'm by no means an expert, BUT, presumably they were looking at each other (binoculars) across a street, and I cannot see how a gunman can hit a target (Dimitri), through a glass window pane (possibly double glazed?), across a street with a pistol - you would need a rifle of sorts, surely, which is clearly what the other assassin shot Felix with.

Just sayin'..................

PS Was Eric Muller in on the set up? I don't think so, but what do you think?

Don't think you quite gave enough of the plot away there, Herc.

Quote: Lazzard @ 25th May 2021, 3:24 PM

Don't think you quite gave enough of the plot away there, Herc.

I thought Stephen had already done that...................

*EDIT Besides, how long is a decent time to sit on your hands, when people want to discuss a current programme - NOW. I have had situations where I haven't seen a prog. and THEN do not open a thread for fear of revealing the plot. If people are that desperate not to know, then they shouldn't look.

Makes common sense ;)

The window was opened.
She said she was hot.