Status report Page 6,036

Quote: Rood Eye @ 7th April 2019, 11:49 PM

Well done, Chappers!

62 is nothing for a rockstar these days - just look at the Stones!

Here's to many more successful gigs!

http://www.therockproject.com/

Quote: Chappers @ 7th April 2019, 11:58 PM

http://www.therockproject.com/

Looks great to me!

I think almost every man, woman and child in the country would have an absolute blast doing a course like that.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th April 2019, 11:09 PM

First bass guitar playing gig at the grand old age of 62 at the London Stone, Staines. A few bum notes but good to get it under my belt.

Well done you bastard - those white Y-Fronts that landed on the stage were mine. Can you give them a good soak to get the skid marks out, then wash and return them to me as I now only have one pair to wear. :$

(PM me when they are done)

Quote: DaButt @ 7th April 2019, 5:46 PM

I start a new job Tuesday after a long period of unemployment. I just heard 4 words that filled me with dread: "Business casual. No jeans." Yuck.

I don't know about the UK, but here it's National Beer Day. Pour yourself a cold one or three!

Good luck with the job. There isn't a thumbs up emoji but if there was I would use that.

My birthday is April 7th so it's national beer day for me too :D After a heavy night out the day before at the Macron stadium watching Bolton lose to Ipswich I couldn't face beer yesterday so it was national mineral water day instead.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 8th April 2019, 5:39 PM

My birthday is April 7th

Happy birthday! That's my mother's birthday, as well as a former girlfriend's. The coincidence made it easy to ensure that I'd never forget the girlfriend's birthday.

It's someone's birthday today.

Dunno where else to post this, but today I popped into a local plumbing supplies on the chance they might stock "No More Nails" or some equivalent.
They didn't have that brand but they did have a new range from Evo-Stik - one was called "Sticks Like Shit" and the other one "The Dog's Bollocks" Laughing out loud LOVE IT!!

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 8th April 2019, 7:31 PM

It's someone's birthday today.

Happy belated birthday - if that's what you're getting at.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th April 2019, 3:15 PM

Dunno where else to post this, but today I popped into a local plumbing supplies on the chance they might stock "No More Nails" or some equivalent.
They didn't have that brand but they did have a new range from Evo-Stik - one was called "Sticks Like Shit" and the other one "The Dog's Bollocks" Laughing out loud LOVE IT!!

Reading my post again made me think it looked like a poor joke, so here's the evidence............................

I believed you.

Quote: Briosaid @ 10th April 2019, 12:18 AM

I believed you.

Fankoo :)

I didn't care for this on me tortilla chips.
Won't be buying it again

Is that the gam or the cemen you're objecting to? :O

I have taken to walking with my hands behind my back as its makes me looks both studious and sinister at the same time. You see I look like I'm thinking but it also looks like I'm also considering using whatever it is that I have behind my back.
The whole effect is that I make people nervous while others can see I have been watching way too many back episodes of Callan.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 10th April 2019, 4:08 PM

I didn't care for this on me tortilla chips.
Won't be buying it again

Where can I buy that? Assuming anything can be dipped into it...or it can be spread and/or squirted on/up anything...I'm kinda pondering the idea it might, at least, provide a vague sense of having some sort of sex life...without actually having to have...a sex life. Hang on...what am I thinking! All I'd be doing is replacing full on sex and the inconvenience of a sticky mess to clear up...with...just the inconvenience of a sticky mess to clear up. Phew...that was close! I was right on the verge of unbuttoning my cardigan, there.