Status report Page 6,032

So why don't you let us have independence if we're so useless? Because you need our bloody oil.

There's got to be something worth having there.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th March 2019, 10:22 PM

There's got to be something worth having there.

Exactly. They kept telling us we were nae use, but they worked, and lied, bloody hard to keep us in Britain.

My daughter casually mentioned she's going down London next Saturday to take part in a new quiz show as a contestant.
Apparently Stephen Mullhern is the host

The wean (I.e, younger son aged 38) has arrived home from the cesspit which is London, from the anti-Brexit March.

Quote: Briosaid @ 24th March 2019, 8:20 PM

The wean (I.e, younger son aged 38) has arrived home from the cesspit which is London, from the anti-Brexit March.

Did he see the error of his ways?

Quite the reverse. He's about to write a newspaper article about it.

Quote: Briosaid @ 27th March 2019, 12:13 AM

Quite the reverse. He's about to write a newspaper article about it.

Really? You can write up there?

Quote: Chappers @ 27th March 2019, 5:40 PM

Oh, we have plenty of stone and chisel.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th March 2019, 5:40 PM

I'm receiving spirit messages from Walter Scott, Arthur Conan Doyle, Robert Louis Stevenson, Robert Burns, James Boswell, Samuel Johnson and several others from north of the border: they all want the same message delivered to Chappers:

"Awa' you and chew mah banger!" Laughing out loud

Quote: Briosaid @ 27th March 2019, 5:50 PM

Oh, we have plenty of stone and chisel.

Ah but can they read?

Why would you expect stones to read?

Lotsa drama in my normally quiet suburban neighborhood tonight:

Around 5 PM I walked out my front door to get the mail and I was halfway down my driveway when I heard a female voice one street over yell, "Stop! Sheriff's Department!" I thought it was the neighbor across the street clowning around with her kids in their back yard, since it seemed out of place. I was going to head over and say hi, but then I heard what I thought was a gunshot. I now realize that it was the guy kicking open my neighbor's wooden gate.

The next thing I know a young man carrying a backpack was running out of the neighbor's back yard and we made eye contact before I decided that 12 feet away was too close for comfort and ran back inside my house. Then I remembered that my guns were in a neighbor's safe after a range excursion (not any more!) and I went next door because I knew my other neighbor and her son were home alone. We locked the doors and grabbed AR15s and shotguns and I started notifying the neighbor ladies and my other friends.

Thirty minutes later we'd assumed that he was either in custody or gone, and I was drinking a beer inside my neighbor's house when she started screaming bloody murder. The guy jumped a fence into my back yard, then hers, then the one on the other side, then the next. Cops were chasing him and one of them yelled that the guy was armed, so we went back inside. About 20 minutes later we heard that he was in cuffs.

The guy had run through multiple back yards, spent some time in my friend's kids' playhouse, and was finally spotted in bushes in the house behind mine. It turns out that my friends on the other street had all grabbed pistols and were jumping fences and helping the cops chase the guy. The cops gave them a high five after it was over and said, "That guy sure picked the wrong neighborhood."

The guy had a stolen firearm when caught, but the cops asked us all to check our yards to see if he'd dumped any drugs or other guns.

Just finished loading a couple of magazines and now it's time for a few cold beers. Too much excitement for this old man.

Never happens in my neighbourhood. :( Do get the occasional neighbour's cat jumping into my garden which I have to shoo with a loaded newspaper.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th March 2019, 6:48 AM

Never happens in my neighbourhood.

Not in mine, either, before today. I would never have expected to run into an armed criminal while walking to the mailbox in broad daylight, but I guess it's a wake up call. I was foolish to store all of my firearms in a neighbor's safe, so that issue has been rectified.

Crazy day, but I'm glad that I live in a neighborhood where we all look after one another. It could have turned out badly for any number of people.