Absolute Power Page 2

I'm sure that some of you will be interested to learn that Absolute Power will be returning to our screens from this Monday (April 9th) at 10:20pm, as UKTV G2 begin repeats of series one. :)

This is another one I recently became aware of and managed to get a hold of the DVDs. Such a completely and utterly clever and witty show, I loved every episode. It is a shame that it didn't last longer. Great cast, great characters and such offbeat situations they find themselves in. Yet, what makes this such a great show is that a lot of things situations could very well be real. I've always liked anything that James Lance has been in, he is such a great actor to watch I am surprised that he has never had his own program.

Quote: BenS @ September 1 2013, 2:55 AM BST

This is another one I recently became aware of and managed to get a hold of the DVDs. Such a completely and utterly clever and witty show, I loved every episode. It is a shame that it didn't last longer...

If you want more Prentis McCabe there are 4 radio series and the whole thing started on In the Red. I personally like the radio shows a bit more than the TV... the Downing Street retainer is sorely missed on telly.

Mhm, I did find the radio program, just havn't listened to it yet. I'm curious to hear what Tamsin Greig would be like as the girlfriend. I havn't found In the Red yet, it was BBC Radio 4 wasn't it?

I've seen the 3 (maybe it was 2) part TV series... I think it was on the radio too.

BBC Radio 4, yes. In The Red, In The Balance, In The Chair, In The End.

In The Red was adapted for television as a two-parter.

Absolute Power was spun-off, originally on radio, and later on television too.

Thankyou Aaron and MTpromises, I'll have to try and find these now. I'm curious to see how The Thick of It is, I never did watch it back when it first started airing and now Capaldi is the Doctor I want to compare what his character is like.

Sorry if this constitutes dragging back an old thread, but among my Christmas presents was Absolute Power Series 1. Just finished episode one, and I can safely say that I'm hooked. It reminds me how bad a lot of new pilot episodes are, this is how it should be done! Witty writing, Stephen Fry, good characters, biting satire and of course, Stephen Fry.

Seeing how quickly I'll devour this first series, I notice series 2 hasn't been released. Is there are reason for this? And is there anywhere to watch it?

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 30th December 2015, 12:56 PM GMT

Seeing how quickly I'll devour this first series, I notice series 2 hasn't been released. Is there are reason for this? And is there anywhere to watch it?

https://store.bbc.com/absolute-power/series-2

You'll also want: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00WABZUA2/comedyguide-21/ http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1785292676/comedyguide-21/

And loads that aren't yet commercially available.

Just thought I'd bump this up the forums as this was an ace show and I loved it when I first saw it when I was a kid. Never knew it was a radio show beforehand. I gotta check out that