Status report Page 6,031

Congrats Herc. I wasn't even born when you got married!

And the rest......

Quote: Rood Eye @ 5th March 2019, 5:01 PM

Fifty-three years of marriage is absolutely astonishing these days.

Your marriage is a veritable Coronation Street in a world of Albion Markets.

Congratulations to you and Mrs Thynne.

Thank you
:)

Quote: Chappers @ 5th March 2019, 6:54 PM

Congrats Herc. I wasn't even born when you got married!

Ta.................as Bobby would say "You little liar"

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th March 2019, 7:58 PM

And the rest......

:D

Congrats Herc
My folks made it to their Ruby but missed the Diamond by a whisker unfortunately

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 6th March 2019, 12:31 AM

Congrats Herc
My folks made it to their Ruby but missed the Diamond by a whisker unfortunately

Thank you Steve. :) Yes, I worked out in my head how old I will/might be on the 60th and wished I hadn't :(

Shame your parents did quite make it as it is quite an achievement.

I had a good weekend though

My company folded on Friday and we got burgled ( with the car stolen ) on Monday
Oh I did get a joke on the telly as well so every cloud followed by another f**king cloud probably has a silver lining somewhere I guess

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th March 2019, 12:36 AM

Thank you Steve. :) Yes, I worked out in my head how old I will/might be on the 60th and wished I hadn't :(

Shame your parents did quite make it as it is quite an achievement.

Fair play to you and your lovely wife
I know things haven't been as easy as they could have been in recent years by the sound of it but well done to you both

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 6th March 2019, 12:40 AM

I had a good weekend though

My company folded on Friday and we got burgled ( with the car stolen ) on Monday
Oh I did get a joke on the telly as well so every cloud followed by another f**king cloud probably has a silver lining somewhere I guess

Fair play to you and your lovely wife
I know things haven't been as easy as they could have been in recent years by the sound of it but well done to you both

Thank you again Steve - that is so sweet of you. :)

I hope your misfortunes haven't been too devastating (I had a biz go under in the early 90s and lost my house :( ) - let's hope things improve from now on.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th March 2019, 11:50 AM

Been married 53 years today. Don't know which emoticon to use.

:) :(

Congratulations!

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 7th March 2019, 2:44 PM

Congratulations!

Ta. :D

I've decided to have a go at "NewsJack" and I've just come up with an absolutely cracking joke for the "Breaking News" section.

The snag is that in order to get it, you have to have cultural references going back as far as the late 1990s and I'm not sure the people who judge the incoming jokes at "NewsJack" are that old.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 8th March 2019, 5:22 PM

I've decided to have a go at "NewsJack" and I've just come up with an absolutely cracking joke for the "Breaking News" section.

The snag is that in order to get it, you have to have cultural references going back as far as the late 1990s and I'm not sure the people who judge the incoming jokes at "NewsJack" are that old.

Spill the beans and I don't mean on the toast.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 8th March 2019, 7:55 PM

Spill the beans and I don't mean on the toast.

Bollocks to that, Tarby!

I remember the time in the mid-90s I was in a cafe in Edinburgh and I got talking to this woman who was sitting at the next table.

She seemed really nice so I showed her the manuscript of a book I'd just written. It was all about a young boy who discovers he's a wizard and she seemed really interested so I told her she could keep the manuscript because I had plenty more at home.

Anyway, I won't bore you with the details about what happened next but I'm still very bitter. Angry

Quote: Rood Eye @ 8th March 2019, 8:31 PM

Bollocks to that, Tarby!

I remember the time in the mid-90s I was in a cafe in Edinburgh and I got talking to this woman who was sitting at the next table.

She seemed really nice so I showed her the manuscript of a book I'd just written. It was all about a young boy who discovers he's a wizard and she seemed really interested so I told she could keep the manuscript because I had plenty more at home.

Anyway, I won't bore you with the details about what happened next but I'm still very bitter. Angry

Is this true, or are you having a laugh at our expense?

Quote: Briosaid @ 8th March 2019, 8:48 PM

Well, I was definitely in Edinburgh at some point during the 1990s: I remember that much.

Quote: Briosaid @ 8th March 2019, 8:48 PM

You are gullible! I think we should let you have your independence after all - just to be safe.