Newsjack Series 18 Page 6

I got the good email (for the first time in ages). I didn't send any one-liners so it must be a sketch (unless an editor said 'well this is all garbage but maybe we can salvage one line from it.') ;)

Quote: Dantrobus @ 8th February 2018, 7:41 PM

I got the good email (for the first time in ages). I didn't send any one-liners so it must be a sketch (unless an editor said 'well this is all garbage but maybe we can salvage one line from it.') ;)

Yay! Well done Dantrobus!

nada.

well done you two!!

Well done to everyone who got the e-mails, big respect. Nothing for me, start preparing for next episode........and many weeks of rejection.

Quote: Danno @ 8th February 2018, 10:23 AM

The mood on this forum always seems predominantly self-defecating

You're right, people are just shitting themselves all over the place here...

All joking apart, forgive me.

The enthusiasm for the show in this thread has made me have a change of heart. I'm living in Fulham at the mo and so it wouldn't be too hard to get to see the show, at least I am relatively local and maybe I can find some inspiration in the press, as I'm always reading the back of someone else's paper on the tube...

Count me in, 5 more weeks is it? I shall have to see what I can do.

Fingers x :)

Well done to those who got the emails.
Am listening. Was the video referee from someone on here?

Quote: Danno @ 8th February 2018, 10:23 AM

The mood on this forum always seems predominantly self-detonating

It's a bit of a gallows type thing, on here, I think. The self-deprecating stuff started before the first show had even aired! It helps prepare for the inevitable rejection. Here I go again. It's all good fun though.

Ho-hum. Where do we put the rejects?

Quote: Bonzo @ 8th February 2018, 7:48 PM

Yay! Well done Dantrobus!

Quote: Danno @ 8th February 2018, 8:23 PM

well done you two!!

Quote: BTF @ 8th February 2018, 10:52 PM

Well done to those who got the emails.
Am listening. Was the video referee from someone on here?

Thanks all! Yep, the video referee one was mine.

Sorry my daughter popped her head in during the one liners and spoke and distracted me. Thought I heard the word rat. Was there a one-liner on the Aldi rat in a bag? Curious as I sent one in. Obviously it was better than mine but I was interested to know what got on.

Quote: Dantrobus @ 8th February 2018, 11:19 PM

Thanks all! Yep, the video referee one was mine.

I liked it very much.

There was. It was something like, 'Half a rat was found in a bag of frozen veg from Aldi. Which brought a tragic end to the live action remake of Ratatouille'.

Quote: Dantrobus @ 8th February 2018, 11:29 PM

There was. It was something like, 'Half a rat was found in a bag of frozen veg from Aldi. Which brought a tragic end to the live action remake of Ratatouille'.

Thanks
Interesting to see which ones they prefer and find funny.
Completely different to my Aldi dead rat in a bag joke.

Quote: Dantrobus @ 8th February 2018, 11:29 PM

Well, that's not a bad line.. but not beyond the wit of woman or man (or man or woman) to write that..

As John Lennon sang, "..there's nothing you can write wot can't be wrote.."

Quote: Frankie Mildly Perturbed @ 9th February 2018, 12:01 AM

Well, that's not a bad line.. but not beyond the wit of woman or man (or man or woman) to write that..

As John Lennon sang, "..there's nothing you can write wot can't be wrote.."

Yes. One does not wish to be self-deprecating but better than mine with the ratatouille/veg thing, I think.