The Piglet Files - Nicholas Lyndhurst Page 2

Quote: Dave @ 17th October 2014, 4:43 PM BST

And Lyndhurst now appears in New Tricks, a crime drama.

If he had never played anything other than amiable duffers I would not be in a position to comment on his range. As he gets older he is getting more chances to show he has other facets. He is excellent in New Tricks.

Watching The Piglet Files for the first time thanks to Gold re-running the entire three series. Just finished the first. Lyndhurst is an excellent lead as always and Clive Francis is very good too. It's a shame it's so overlooked I'm really enjoying it. It's very much a trend setter for the Goodnight Sweetheart, The Thin Blue Line and Spy.

Quote: Rob Maris @ 17th May 2011, 5:55 AM

The Piglet Files starring Nicholas Lyndhurst (NL) is a gem well worth getting.

As the starring MI5 agent, NL is terrific. In a style it reminds me a bit of Yes Minister/Yes, Prime Minister and The Thin Blue Line.

Someone kindly sent me a PM a few years ago recommending The Piglet Files.

I am suprised at the lack of review/comment on the 3 excellent series.

Mind you I also think NL is brilliant in OFAH, Goodnight Sweetheart, and After You've Gone.

It's not well remembered because it was crap!

Quote: MTpromises @ 1st February 2012, 4:12 AM

My favourite part of this show is the opening credits... screams 80s. I've had all 3 series on DVD for years now; fairly rare that a Britcom is released in USA but not the UK.

But it was a 1990s show?

The piglet files is a lot better than i remember it was.The two of us was just to mushy and lame after a while and goodnight sweetheart was a crap cut and shut of a sitcom.Though after youv,e gone did give us ryan sampson in his first major role.Plus the dvd of the piglet files series 3 does sell around £40 right now.Oooeerr mr grimsdale.