It's Official, Brexit is not funny. Page 3

Quote: billwill @ 9th April 2017, 1:50 AM

Beaky's wromg: It's them as voted to remain what are predammably igorant and wuz fooled by the project fear lies of the Remainer polititshuns.

Correct!

So the upshot is that Brexit is more nuanced than "ignorant racists wanting to keep out the Muslims"? Or is everything a red herring? How soon until we can see Aaron on Have I Got News For You?

And how soon until we can enjoy Carry On Brexit? In which unemployed bricklayers Sid James and Peter Butterworth scheme to expel Kenneth Williams and Bernard Bresslaw (both in fawn-face makeup) for taking their jobs, while Joan Sims (as Mother Theresa May) is secretly having an affair with a Polish plumber (Terry Scott). Things get complicated when the Queen (Hattie Jacques) discovers that Prince Phillip (Charles Hawtrey) faces expulsion for being a Greek. Etc.

Quote: keewik @ 9th April 2017, 12:08 AM

All I know is that I can count on one hand the number of people I know who voted 'leave' and of them, only 2 were intelligent and educated.

So on that sample 40% of leave voters are intelligent and educated (assuming you have a full complement of fingers). Which for the British electorate, you must admit, constitutes an impressively high proportion.

Quote: billwill @ 9th April 2017, 1:50 AM

Beaky's wromg: It's them as voted to remain what are predammably igorant and wuz fooled by the project fear lies of the Remainer polititshuns.

(churtels - er, chortles)

Quote: Kenneth @ 9th April 2017, 8:18 AM

So the upshot is that Brexit is more nuanced than "ignorant racists wanting to keep out the Muslims"?

You're getting us confused with America. It's the Catholics we want to keep out!

I think there's some Protestants we want to keep out too.

So the upshot is that Brexit is more nuanced than "ignorant racists wanting to keep out the Muslims"? Or is everything a red herring? How soon until we can see Aaron on Have I Got News For You?

And how soon until we can enjoy Carry On Brexit? In which unemployed bricklayers Sid James and Peter Butterworth scheme to expel Kenneth Williams and Bernard Bresslaw (both in fawn-face makeup) for taking their jobs, while Joan Sims (as Mother Theresa May) is secretly having an affair with a Polish plumber (Terry Scott). Things get complicated when the Queen (Hattie Jacques) discovers that Prince Phillip (Charles Hawtrey) faces expulsion for being a Greek. Etc.

Ha!

Quote: Tursiops @ 9th April 2017, 9:28 AM

So on that sample 40% of leave voters are intelligent and educated (assuming you have a full complement of fingers). Which for the British electorate, you must admit, constitutes an impressively high proportion.

Could you revise that figure? In fact I only know 3 people who voted Leave and the third one is undoubtedly pretty thick and definitely racist, for which reason I no longer have contact with her. I could put up with her ignorance but the racism got too much.

Quote: keewik @ 9th April 2017, 4:42 PM

Could you revise that figure? In fact I only know 3 people who voted Leave and the third one is undoubtedly pretty thick and definitely racist, for which reason I no longer have contact with her. I could put up with her ignorance but the racism got too much.

So, in fact, on the sample of people who you currently know, 100% of leave voters are intelligent, educated & non-racist.

Beaky, how will Brexit affect you, if you're still living in Spain?

Quote: Nogget @ 9th April 2017, 5:27 PM

Beaky, how will Brexit affect you, if you're still living in Spain?

I see problems if, post-Brexit, EU citizens aren't allowed to stay in the UK, in which case the EU could retaliate. Obviously expats won't be able to use the Spanish health system, but I've got private health insurance. The Pound will probably reach parity with the Euro, or even be worth less, which will directly affect me. My Spanish friends are all completely bewildered at why we're leaving the EU, they're mostly Anglophile. I tell them it's a form of madness. Even if I wasn't living in Spain, I'd still think that Brexit is the worst thing that's happened to Britain since World War 2.
And yes, I think Brexit's driven by racism.

Ha!

Quote: beaky @ 9th April 2017, 5:36 PM

I see problems if, post-Brexit, EU citizens aren't allowed to stay in the UK, in which case the EU could retaliate. Obviously expats won't be able to use the Spanish health system, but I've got private health insurance. The Pound will probably reach parity with the Euro, or even be worth less, which will directly affect me. My Spanish friends are all completely bewildered at why we're leaving the EU, they're mostly Anglophile. I tell them it's a form of madness. Even if I wasn't living in Spain, I'd still think that Brexit is the worst thing that's happened to Britain since World War 2.
And yes, Brexit's mainly due to racism.

Racism? Against what race?

Anyone who's not British.

Quote: beaky @ 9th April 2017, 5:36 PM

And yes, I think Brexit's driven by racism.

Quote: Davida Grimes @ 9th April 2017, 6:04 PM

Ha!

Racism? Against what race?

Beaky has probably fallen for a lot of propaganda.

Beaky: Have you visited the UK from Spain in the last 9 months. Have you actually spoken directly to ANY UK citizens who voted OUT for racist reasons or are you just re-iterating the rubbish from many newspapers, for whom a "RACIST" headline probably sells more papers.

I know many leave voters. For only one was immigration an issue at all; and they were equally concerned and convinced of the value of leave for reasons of democracy and accountability.

I would wager that far fewer than 10% of those who voted leave, did so purely on a racially aggravated basis.