That Friday Quiz Page 190

11: Citroen 2CV

12. Who let the dogs out?
17. Mcoz Burger with egg

9. The Ambassadors (Mitchell & Webb show, and Hans Holbein painting)

Friday Quiz 26th February 2016
1. What was the most complained about advert on UK television during 2015? The moneysupermarket.com 'strutting man' advert.
2. Newly surpassing New York, which city now boasts more billionaire residents than any other worldwide (measured in US$)? Beijing
3. Which Israeli city gives its name to a type of orange? Jaffa
4. Name the designer. Cath Kidston

5. The name of which Central American city means 'Holy Saviour'? San Salvador
6. Coffee, rum and vanilla are the principal flavourings of which popular liqueur? Tia Maria / Kahlua
7. Donovan was the first Scot solo performer to have a no 1 single in the US. Who was the second? Lulu
8. What is the name of the spicy French sauce, with chili, often served as an accompaniment to fish soup? Rouille
9. What links these pictures? Ambassadors (TV show with Mitchell & Webb; painting by Holbein)

10. What 'I' is this? Ikebana
11. A design classic, which small car was originally designed so that it could carry a basket of eggs across a ploughed field without any of them breaking? Citroen 2CV
12. Which question from a US hip hop group was a best selling single of the year in the UK in the early 21st century? Where Is The Love? - Black Eyed Peas
13. Name the group. Lukas Graham - currently no 1 in the UK Singles Chart
14. Which two plants are the biggest legal cash crops in the USA? Corn and soya bean
15. The central business district of Melbourne has a street named after which rock band? ACDC Lane
16. 1,000 years ago, what was the largest present day country uninhabited by humans? New Zealand

17. What specifically is this? A Macdonalds Kiwiburger - the beetroot gives it away

18. In the bookshop, I found a substantial tome entitled 'The subatomic structure of the cheese baguette'. A strange feature I noted was that the number of digits used to number the pages was a multiple of the number of actual pages in the book. The book was between 1,000 and 10,000 pages long. How many pages did it actually have? 1107 pages. See below

19. What connects these pictures: Lollipop. (My Boy Lollipop was a hit for Millie; Magnum is an ice lollipop; members of the Lollipop Guild from The Wizard of Oz; My Girl Lollipop was a hit for Bad Manners; lollipop coral)

20. Unscramble the two words : E E I J L M O O R T U ROMEO & JULIET
21 popcorn

Maths workings:
The number of digits used to number all the pages is 3321.
1-9: 9 digits
10-99: 180 digits
100-999: 2700 digits
1000-1107: 432 digits
Total: 3321 digits

3321/1107= 3

5. Far and Away?
13. Schrodinger's Cat. :(
16. Streetcar Named Desire.

10. The Borrowers

19 The Lion the Witch & the Wardrobe

4. Heidi Klum