Status report Page 5,900

Quote: keewik @ 23rd February 2016, 1:42 PM GMT

I put everything down to depression - nearly everybody in (my) world seems to suffer from it.

Have you thought of turning your hand to comedy?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 26th February 2016, 2:25 PM GMT

Have you thought of turning your hand to comedy?

I do make people laugh a lot, but not sure it's for the right reasons. Teary

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 23rd February 2016, 2:15 PM GMT

But my latest blood test showed a slightly high potassium rate. Could be part of the explanation.

Are you a banana lover by any chance? (I mean that in the best possible taste... Pleased )

Hows your iron levels?

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 27th February 2016, 2:38 PM GMT

Hows your iron levels?

My iron level was quite low at the beginning of Winter, my doc fixed this problem with a few injections. But that was many weeks before this mysterious tiredness.
I had flu or a cold for two weeks in January. I've started running again right after the typical symptoms had stopped. Then suddenly this tiredness set in. I was very worried because I thought I had damaged my heart by doing sports again too early. But that doesn't seem to the case. Maybe a virus causes this thing. I don't know.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 27th February 2016, 2:38 PM GMT

Are you a banana lover by any chance? (I mean that in the best possible taste... Pleased )

:D

And yet another funeral looms. One each month. It's beginning to depress me.

Try remembering that the person is going off to a much much much better place

I don't see that since I'm not a believer. They're ended, dust, ex-person. And we miss them

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 27th February 2016, 3:16 PM GMT

My iron level was quite low at the beginning of Winter, my doc fixed this problem with a few injections. But that was many weeks before this mysterious tiredness.
I had flu or a cold for two weeks in January. I've started running again right after the typical symptoms had stopped. Then suddenly this tiredness set in. I was very worried because I thought I had damaged my heart by doing sports again too early. But that doesn't seem to the case. Maybe a virus causes this thing. I don't know.

:D

Have you been tested for food allergies/intolerance? Sometimes feeling very tired can be a symptom. Also can be a reason for iron /vitamins to be low as eating something your body can't handle can make it hard for it to absorb nutrients.

Just got to the Ted Cruz rally. The place is packed. They'll probably have to turn people away. No seats left, but I found a closet full of chairs and made my own seat. :)

Quote: reds @ 28th February 2016, 12:25 AM GMT

Have you been tested for food allergies/intolerance?

Not that I'm aware of. I will mention this to my doctor. Thanks reds!

On Wednesday, my 86 year old mother was due to go to the OAPs club just up the road. She said to her 87 neighbour that she would meet her there at 10.30am as usual. My 85 year old father opened the neighbour's garage door for her as he does every week and watched her drive out of the close at 10.15am. She only drives to the club and to Tescos as she doesn't like driving more than a mile and hasn't turned right in her car for years.

Well, she didn't appear at the OAPs club and the car wasn't back at 3pm so people in the road were getting worried. At 7pm we formed various search parties and looked in all the adjoining roads. Several set off in a car to scan the other roads a mile away. In the end the police were called. None of us could remember the registration number but we told them to search for the car within a mile by just turning left. She couldn't go anywhere else.

At 9.20pm I noticed a police officer helping her out of a police car. I ran to help him take her indoors. She looked quite shaken but hadn't been injured. They had found her and her car nearly 20 miles away on an industrial estate in Crawley. She is quite unable to say how she drove there, who she met there if anyone and how she spent the 10 and more hours. It looks like she could have driven the entire M23 without actually knowing it.

All sounds horribly stressful and scary. Very glad to hear they found her, and got her back home again, eventually.

Oh dear Horse, how worrying. Thank God she is now safe again.

Got the board to myself - where is everybody? At church?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th March 2016, 9:39 AM GMT

Got the board to myself - where is everybody? At church?

I got up relatively early (for a sunday) to do a 12km run....it's the hilly middle bit of the marathon I'm going to do in April. Now I'm back...and knackered.

The tiredness I'm suffering from for the last few weeks is not that bad anymore...but I'm still not my former self yet.