Facebook Page 86

Facebook is a bit more cheerful today. Once past the couple of hundred outpourings for the boy who died, I learned that a very nice man is remarrying and a woman whom I thought might be about to die, is home and recovering from a cancer operation.

Carpe diem indeed.

Can anyone explain why under people I may Know it is suggesting a person I work with and another who I used to? We have no mutual friends, they have not sent me a request and I do not know their emails.

I find some of that quite creepy. Mr. K has a yahoo email address and I have a Hotmail one, yet Facebook keeps suggesting I might like to be friends with some of his people who're not in any way listed in my email addresses. Nor is he on Facebook.

I mostly use Facebook to read webcomics and to check what my old classmates from elementary school etc are doing right now.\

Well, that and I also used to have a "Fanpage" that was made back when I was 13 but now it's my online portfolio.

Quote: keewik @ 3rd October 2015, 9:07 PM BST

Facebook is a bit more cheerful today. Once past the couple of hundred outpourings for the boy who died, I learned that a very nice man is remarrying and a woman whom I thought might be about to die, is home and recovering from a cancer operation.

Carpe diem indeed.

Sometimes it can be extremely pleasant sometimes :)

Quote: reds @ 16th October 2015, 12:59 PM BST

Can anyone explain why under people I may Know it is suggesting a person I work with and another who I used to? We have no mutual friends, they have not sent me a request and I do not know their emails.

I think that it links up the email you registered on with the inbuilt contact list? Most of the people it suggests for me to possibly befriend aren't really my 'thang' to be honest.

I was just looking up an estate agent online - and next thing I know they're on my facbook. That's a bit scarey - lucky some of the other things I look up don't show there too.

Pissed off about all these posts revering dead mothers and fathers.
You're bloody adults - grow up and realise nobody escapes death.

Quote: keewik @ 27th February 2016, 8:40 PM GMT

Pissed off about all these posts revering dead mothers and fathers.
You're bloody adults - grow up and realise nobody escapes death.

But does that mean we can't remember them fondly? Should we just cease thinking about them once they've passed? That seems a little cold and inhuman.

Passed? Passed what? The biscuits? Passed the ball?

Why can't people say passed away. Passed seems the next trendy thing to say.

Passed away where?

Quote: Chappers @ 28th February 2016, 3:23 PM GMT

Passed? Passed what? The biscuits? Passed the ball?

Why can't people say passed away. Passed seems the next trendy thing to say.

I have been listening to Marian Keyes' novel 'Angels' on Audible recently and the LA term 'passed' pertains to one's script being rejected.

Quote: DaButt @ 28th February 2016, 4:34 AM GMT

But does that mean we can't remember them fondly? Should we just cease thinking about them once they've passed? That seems a little cold and inhuman.

Yes, but not a sickly sweet song and dance about it. I can easily become maudlin about my father's death at 56 from lung cancer - health fanatic who didn't smoke one day in his life - but why make a Song and dance about it? He only matters to me and would be embarrassed by the kind of thing I see on Facebook.

Probably what I'm saying is that this is private stuff which is cheapened by all the flamboyant saccharine sweet trite shite.

Quote: keewik @ 28th February 2016, 8:47 PM GMT

Yes, but not a sickly sweet song and dance about it.....private stuff which is cheapened by all the flamboyant saccharine sweet trite shite.

What about the Mexican festival to the dead ? They make an enormous song and a dance and why not ? Surly it's each to their own ?

Quote: zooo @ 12th July 2015, 4:52 PM BST

I've unfollowed lovely Ricky Gervais on Twitter cos he won't blimmin' quit with the dead animal photos.

These are worse:

He's obsessed with these ugly selfies. I think I'm going to unfollow him on FB.

Laughing out loud
Blimey. That is fairly upsetting.

I do love all the videos he puts up on Facebook of his cat though.