That Friday Quiz Page 181

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 7th February 2016, 4:38 AM GMT

Apart from the let's all play a game thread which you ruined & turned into a private date between you & Gordon with Chappers as the Gooseberry

:D

You said you wouldn't tell about that.........oh well, it's out there now.

Lovey

Just wish that bloody Chappers would take the hint when we want to be alone.

As no one else seems to be bothered............. Unimpressed

10 Capercaillie

14 Epsom Salts

20 Advent Calendar

Bit worried about George :( - where's his "Have we got a quiz this week Steve"

Hope he is OK. :P

Friday Quiz 27th November 2015
1. The largest for more than a century was recently found in Botswana. What? Diamond
2. Four became three for which species this week? Northern white rhino (1/2 point for white rhino; nothing for just rhino)
3. What part of an Irish castle do visitors kiss to receive the gift of the gab? Blarney stone
4. Name the company. Santander

5. He was a French astrologer, consulted among others by Catherine de Medici. Who was he? Nostradamus
6. Which news reached London on the day of Elizabeth II's coronation? First successful ascent of Everest
7. What was the Tour of Britain cycling race previously known as? The Milk Race
8. What substance, derived from calves is used to help cheese to set? Rennet
9. What links these two pictures? Jasper. Designer Jasper Conran and an artwork by Jasper Johns.

10. Found in Scotland, and known for its mating display, what bird is this? Capercaillie. .
11. MgSO4.7H2O is the chemical formula of something you can drink or bathe in. It was named after a town in England. What is this substance? Epsom salts
12. Which Russian propounded a theory of realistic acting? Stanislav
13. Where is this? Gracelands
14. In the chemical industry, from which naturally occurring mixture is argon derived? Air
15. In whose novel does a young Andalusian shepherd dream of finding treasure in Egypt? Paulo Coelho (The Alchemist)
16. Who play rugby union in a horizontal style, and association football in a vertical style? Argentina. The rugby team play in horizontal blue and white stripes, the football team in vertical stripes

17. Who is this? Jamie Vardy

18. In my sock drawer there is a mixture of 6 green and blue socks. If I get dressed in the dark, there is a 2/3 chance that the two socks I pick are green. What is the chance of my picking a blue pair? Zero. For there to be a 2/3 chance of a green pair, there must be 5 green socks (5/6 x 4/5 = 2/3), and so no chance of a blue pair.

19. What connects these pictures: All name-checked in Andrew Neill's anti-ISIS tirade. Coco Chanel; Chateau Lafitte; coq au vin; Daft Punk; Zinedine Zidane; Juliette Binoche. Nothing for just 'French' - far too easy.

20. Unscramble the two words : A A A C D D E E L N N R T V ADVENT & CALENDAR
21. 6.5 Million pounds

10. The Good the Bad and the Ugly.
11. Silverster the Cat
8. Isle of Dogs

3 Cheese (George will probably duplicate this again as milk)

6 Dr. Who

7 Galley

15.The Pools
21.Elvis Presley
7.Galley

Quote: george roper @ 12th February 2016, 6:26 PM GMT

7.Galley

Look at my answer directly above you George. >_<

Come on Herc, you knew that would happen.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EIp9z_4GEuk

Grrrr Unimpressed

5.Purple

So how have I been doing at catching up with these?
Not bad, not great
We're in December now, and I think I did the Christmas one earlier so must remember to not post that up again.

The Quizmaster does miss a few weeks from time to time
So maybe I should keep a few in reserve & then go more topical by posting the actual quiz on the Friday when it arrives
I'll catch up a bit more first

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 13th February 2016, 1:18 AM GMT

So how have I been doing at catching up with these?
Not bad, not great
We're in December now, and I think I did the Christmas one earlier so must remember to not post that up again.

The Quizmaster does miss a few weeks from time to time
So maybe I should keep a few in reserve & then go more topical by posting the actual quiz on the Friday when it arrives
I'll catch up a bit more first

Very good, and that'll please George - save him harassing you.

Oh, and by the way........can you be unducted out of something? :P

20 CAIN and ABEL

14 William McGonagall

12 The Adventure of the Speckled Band