Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads? Page 3

Quote: Chappers @ 7th January 2016, 9:20 PM GMT

The Football Match - though a classic I have seen too many times should be on next Tuesday.

Actually called "No Hiding Place" with the excellent Brian Glover.

And THE best comedy drama in Auf Weidersehen Pet.

? You've lost me there Chappers - are you saying that Brian Glover was in Auf Wiedersehen, Pet? 'Cos I don't remember that.

He's referring to Clement and La Frenais having written it.

Quote: Aaron @ 9th January 2016, 1:03 PM GMT

He's referring to Clement and La Frenais having written it.

As if he didn't know!

Quote: Chappers @ 9th January 2016, 8:36 PM GMT

As if he didn't know!

No, it was genuine, but I see now what you meant. Cool

One of the all time greats and bears repeated viewings. Currently on the Drama Channel. I may have odd taste in women but I always have had a bit of the hots for Thelma. Might be something to do with the short skirts she wears. possibly my fave episode is Terry's birthday, where he's led blindfold into a roomful of guests and inadvertently insults them all

Quote: Alexei Q @ 13th January 2016, 9:40 AM GMT

One of the all time greats and bears repeated viewings. Currently on the Drama Channel. I may have odd taste in women but I always have had a bit of the hots for Thelma. Might be something to do with the short skirts she wears.

Not odd at all, and yes the skirts...........the legs. Lovey

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th January 2016, 9:42 AM GMT

Not odd at all, and yes the skirts...........the legs. Lovey

Maybe 'odd' isn't the right word as it's not flattering to the ladies concerned. Maybe 'unconventional' assuming the convention is the Baywatch /FHM 100 Sexiest Women type.

I like the Likely Lads episode in black and white where Bob (having been promoted to the drawing office) is invited to the company 'do' plus one. (Which of course is Terry.)

The upper echelons don't like Terry being there (a common worker) especially as they are chatting up their birds.

The last scene where they are beaten and leaving through the revolving door when they hear the girls call them is excellent.

I always had a thing about Terry's sister.

Anita Carey looked stunning tonight.

Quote: Chappers @ 15th January 2016, 5:28 PM GMT

I always had a thing about Terry's sister.

Wholesome Mother figure with a naughty glint in her eye. Lovey

*reads back over the thread*
Here's a challenge for you all. Try to mention a female from this show without only talking about whether you want to give her one.

Thelma's mum.