Goodnight Sweetheart Page 12

I think this is the only time-travel show/film/whatever where the character can keep flitting backwards and forwards through time (in Life On Mars, Sam was trapped there).

Quote: Dave @ September 9 2012, 11:12 PM BST

I think this is the only time-travel show/film/whatever where the character can keep flitting backwards and forwards through time (in Life On Mars, Sam was trapped there).

Not really.

Doctor Who for instance.

Unimpressed

I meant going back to one time only - Dr Who goes everywhere. In Back to the Future, Marty was not interested is staying in the 50s or the 1880s.

Quote: Dave @ September 10 2012, 1:51 PM BST

I meant going back to one time only - Dr Who goes everywhere. In Back to the Future, Marty was not interested is staying in the 50s or the 1880s.

I haven't seen the whole series but in Series 4 of Lost, the character Desmond travels (although not willingly) between 1996 and 2004. Of course, many shows have had unique time travel episodes but in Lost, time travel is central to the plot.

An amazing sitcom. Great acting a brilliant plot. Great characters. One of the best. And attractive girls in there too :)
Best work Nicholas Lyndhurst has done. Nothing negative to say.

Did Yvonne and Phoebe change actors?

I like GS but they dragged it out too long

There's about 8 series and the last 4 are just filler

3 or 4 series would have been plenty

I've just been watching the first couple of series all ovet again and find Dervla Kerwan so bloody distracting - she was bloody beautiful!

The last 2 series were a bit boring mind you 20th best sitcom of all time. But nice theme tune!

The ending to it all was a bit of an anti climax too IMO

When Yvonne found out what was going on she barely looked arsed!

I liked it when the gorgeous Dervla Kirwan was in it, strangely when she left I lost all interest in this show.

There might be a stage version of Goodnight Sweetheart in the future:

http://www.marksandgran.com/blog/happy-new-year/

They've been saying that for years.

Laurence Marks & Maurice Gran wrote about Goodnight Sweetheart on their blog, last month.

http://www.marksandgran.com/blog/for-all-you-sweeties/

Goodnight Sweetheart fans might be interested in seeing the authors receive a Living Legend Comedy Award.

September 13th 4pm at Leicester Sq Theatre.

https://leicestersquaretheatre.ticketsolve.com/shows/873535279

I really don't get the attraction of Dervla Kirwan.

I watched the first two episodes of my box set I got on my last birthday (or was it Christmas?) and I like it so far. The comedy is not laugh out loud but funny enough. I like the sci fi aspect, that'll will keep me interested for many episodes if nothing else. And of course it's great to see Nicholas Lyndhurst again.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd July 2015, 7:54 PM BST

I really don't get the attraction of Dervla Kirwan.

Hmm, I don't know, I like her. I found her very sexy in that short dream sequence in Father Ted (was it the Christmas episode?).