Things that piss you off Page 1,576

Crummy second rate US sitcoms. Badly acted, usually with a "wacky character" or a lazy stereotype(racial/man eater/dumb himbo/ ditzy girl/grumpy older guy). Two Broke girls has to be the worst with the terminally unfunny Jennifer Coolidge displaying her full range in a loud voice. Just terrible.

Automated call centres (Press button one for this, press button 2 for that...your call is valuable...)

Politically correct pillocks ("You couldn't get away with THAT today!" - no, we DID used to have more freedom, didn't we?)

JJ Abrams' braindead reboot of Star Trek, aimed at idiots with no attention span - all CGI and fast editing.

People who can only derive entertainment from old TV series and movies by finding amusement in fashions, hairstyles, low budget effects, etc.

Quote: Knotty @ 16th February 2015, 5:51 PM GMT

Automated call centres (Press button one for this, press button 2 for that...your call is valuable...)

Politically correct pillocks ("You couldn't get away with THAT today!" - no, we DID used to have more freedom, didn't we?)

JJ Abrams' braindead reboot of Star Trek, aimed at idiots with no attention span - all CGI and fast editing.

People who can only derive entertainment from old TV series and movies by finding amusement in fashions, hairstyles, low budget effects, etc.

Combining two of your points, Knotty(hello) after rewatching early episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation it has dated horribly and is rather dull BUT the original Star Trek series is a lot of fun and had much to commend it.

Interesting point, Paulted. There IS something a little prissy about Next Generation; they always seemed to be falling over themselves to have the Correct Attitudes to gender politics. In the original series, Roddenberry seems to have the view that women should be equal, with the same responsibilities and do the same jobs, and if they can do those jobs in tiny little miniskirts, then all the better. He was - I think - arguing that women can be equal and still charmingly feminine and he had a point.

The emoticons that won't stay where I put them on this site - or is that just me and my PC?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th February 2015, 3:10 PM GMT

The emoticons that won't stay where I put them on this site - or is that just me and my PC?

Emoticons are always added at the end of a posting; you have to cut/paste them into the desired place.

Quote: billwill @ 18th February 2015, 5:59 PM GMT

Emoticons are always added at the end of a posting; you have to cut/paste them into the desired place.

So I've discovered, thanks Bill - not that it makes me any happier. ;) :(

Magpies

Black and white c*nts

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th February 2015, 9:40 PM GMT

Magpies

Black and white c*nts

Robins-Cute but mentalists

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th February 2015, 9:40 PM GMT

Magpies

Black and white c*nts

They eat dog poo you know. I've seen them in the street. Yuk!

Don't knock it......

They also go into nests and kill chicks

That's f**ked up right there dude

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th February 2015, 10:31 PM GMT

They also go into nests and kill chicks

That's f**ked up right there dude

I thought you were talking about Newcastle United F.C. originally. Whistling nnocently

OOH shall I tweet?-- OH- leave it to the bloody birds.

Not so much piss me off, more WHY?? Mature people, who should know better, having facial piercings.

Don't they realise they look twats?