Doctor Who... Page 1,095

Quote: billwill @ 4th October 2014, 11:44 PM BST

Seldom has physics been so abused as in this week's episode.

If you're watching Doctor Who for accurate physics, I think you'll be disappointed every week. I mean, he time travels in a box that is bigger on the inside, he has psychic paper, a sonic screwdriver that can do anything... It's just a bit of Saturday teatime fun.

Quote: Jack F @ 4th October 2014, 11:59 PM BST

If you're watching Doctor Who for accurate physics, I think you'll be disappointed every week. I mean, he time travels in a box that is bigger on the inside, he has psychic paper, a sonic screwdriver that can do anything... It's just a bit of Saturday teatime fun.

Suppertime nowadays..

And it does need some sensible physics and the non-physics like time travel should be self consistent.

A Moon which quadruples in mass overnight without the impact of a bigger body or a black hole is somewhat really really bad physics.

It was clearly written in to counteract the fact that they couldn't film low gravity effects, but the 'explanation' was worse than the unable-to-portray-low-gravity problem.

it didn't happen over night, it happened over more than a decade.

Hence the lines about taking 10 years to fix the Shuttle

that said they could have just said they had magnetic boots, but I think its a niggle in an enjoyable episode

WORST. EPISODE. EVER.

This might be where I have to break free from the abusive relationship, as Tursiops describes it. Aside from the anti-abortion preaching and the unnecessary bad language (when did Doctor Who get all bloody this and damn that? It's family entertainment, no? Well, not at half eight it isn't) - what the hell was that script? Have I just seen someone read lines like "the moon is an egg" without it being a spoof?

Logic flew out of the window. The Doctor starts the episode strolling round the school without anyone batting an eyelid when last week he had to go undercover. In a moment of peril when she wants to contact Courtney Clara decides she can't phone the school because she has an issue with the secretary, duh. And then there's the biggest gaping hole in the plot, it's totally illogical for Clara and Courtney to fight for the unborn egg when it risks the lives of everyone else. What happened to Clara's duty of care at that point? And why was it okay to kill the spider things with bleach but not to kill the thing that threatened their existence and billions of others?

I think I missed something on Writing Opportunities. This script was clearly a prize winner from some Blue Peter comp or a Duke of Edinburgh Awards experiment. Tell me it was?

I have the last three episodes to watch and am struggling to drum up the enthusiasm to watch it. Sad sad sad days when I would rather watch an episode of the now awful The Dome :(

Quote: Marc P @ 5th October 2014, 10:07 AM BST

I would rather watch an episode of the now awful The Dome :(

Goodness me, there's no need to go that far!

Quote: Jack F @ 4th October 2014, 11:07 PM BST

I liked it! :D

Me too.
I'm not sure Clara and this Doctor are all that well matched (understatement). Maybe they're easing the way for her to pop off.

Quote: sootyj @ 5th October 2014, 12:22 AM BST

it didn't happen over night, it happened over more than a decade.

Hence the lines about taking 10 years to fix the Shuttle

It still defies the logic of the Doctor Who Universe.

Quote: sootyj @ 5th October 2014, 12:22 AM BST

that said they could have just said they had magnetic boots, but I think its a niggle in an enjoyable episode

The gravity disappeared at one point, I seem to recall. Also daft. Or was it Courtney hanging on a spider thread. How can spider GERMS have thread ?

Aaaarghh..

The program can't make up its mind whether it is for kids or adults anyway. What is doing being on so late in the evening if it is for kids.

What was Courtney doing there if it was for adults.

Just watched the Bank Robber one, really enjoyed it - just could have been directed so much better.

Enjoyable episode this week with plenty of fun and a creepy monster. Just a shame that Frank Skinner didn't stick round for a few more episodes.

Quote: Ben @ 12th October 2014, 10:20 PM BST

Enjoyable episode this week with plenty of fun and a creepy monster. Just a shame that Frank Skinner didn't stick round for a few more episodes.

He's doing a spin-off show, yes it's Fantasy Football League...

I thought the big bad was pretty impressive, but the story was a ghastly mess. After last weeks actually quite interesting bit of character development. We're now stuck back with the same dire soapy bollocks.

first one I've watched in ages.

They do tend to bend the rules a bit to round things up. A bit like the old time "and with one bound he was free!"

This week's was the best of this series. Well done.

Quote: Badge @ 12th October 2014, 10:56 PM BST

This week's was the best of this series. Well done.

Really?????????

After Titanic in space, The Orient Express in space; what next Victoria Coach Station in space?

Owed more to the old Hammer film Horror Express than to Dame Agatha.

Terrible cop out ending.

Skinner can't act.

Would be nice for once to have a story rather than just a concept.