Things that piss you off Page 1,462

Quote: keewik @ 16th April 2014, 11:39 PM BST

That's one of the things that pisses me off about weddings - all this tradition crap

I couldn't agree more, in fact, I'm going to go one further - all weddings of any kind are crap. Boring, dull, repetitive crap. They should get rid of them altogether.

You can still have marriage as concept, if that's your thing, but make it much more official and less 'floofy'. Just fill in a form, send your passport and a couple of recent utility bills then wait 4 to 6 weeks for your marriage license.

That way, women wouldn't have to worry about important things like what colour dress to wear and could get on with doing more trivial tasks like science and engineering.

Or you could create some bizarrely false construct, with it's own set of rules and traditions which you slavishly adhere to, then complain about the same set of rules you created, thus making you look like a fickle hypocrite.

Which is why my intended, Internet purchased, hot young Russian bride will be parading down the aisle in just a veil and a white bikini. I bought it, I want to show it off.

Sadly the fairytale wedding the bride has dreamt of since she was two never guarantees a fairytale marriage, which should really have been obvious to her once she stopped being a child.

Quote: Nogget @ 17th April 2014, 2:23 PM BST

Sadly the fairytale wedding the bride has dreamt of since she was two never guarantees a fairytale marriage, which should really have been obvious to her once she stopped being a child.

Unless they're marrying someone rich. Then they don't care.

Quote: zooo @ 17th April 2014, 11:34 AM BST

Ooh, I do prefer the black one actually. Partly because I would wear it, and partly because you'd probably get more wear out of it. (Boring reason, but still!)

You could wear fun coloured shoes to wedding it up a bit.

Thanks Zooo!

Aw, it's clearly misogyny Thursday!

Quote: Jennie @ 17th April 2014, 2:38 PM BST

Thanks Zooo!

I love that I'm giving out fashion thoughts while wearing bright pink tracksuit bottoms and a green t-shirt.
(Don't worry, I'm not leaving the house in them.)

Weddings are about milestones, family, celebration. Humans have always needed to bond over shared experience and weddings are part of that circle of life.

I'm not sure who these women are who worry only about the wedding and not the marriage, but I've never met them.

No, zooo, it's cynical Thursday!

Quote: Nogget @ 17th April 2014, 2:23 PM BST

If women were smart, they could organise a special celebration every year called 'Everyone look at me in a big dress day'. They could put aside a day in July (when all the sport is on), have a big party and parade up and down in front of each other in massive frocks like cattle at an auction.

They'd get their special day at a fraction of the cost and we blokes could be left out of the whole horrible narcissistic, attention seeking, clothing orgy.

There could be cards and presents and flowers and table decorations and free tampon machines and everything! Squeeeeeee!

A bird keeps flying at my living room window and pecking its beak against the glass. It's pissing the cats off.

Quote: zooo @ 17th April 2014, 2:39 PM BST

Aw, it's clearly misogyny Thursday!

Well someone forgot to send me a Misogyny Card. Angry

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 17th April 2014, 2:45 PM BST

Well someone forgot to send me a Misogyny Card. Angry

That's birds for you.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 17th April 2014, 2:04 PM BST

That way, women wouldn't have to worry about important things like what colour dress to wear and could get on with doing more trivial tasks like science and engineering.

It's sweet of you to care, but fortunately our brains are built to accommodate both the important and the trivial just fine.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 17th April 2014, 2:42 PM BST

free tampon machines

Is this the first good idea RC's ever had? :O

Quote: Ben @ 17th April 2014, 2:46 PM BST

That's birds for you.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Jennie @ 17th April 2014, 2:46 PM BST

It's sweet of you to care, but fortunately our brains are built to accommodate both the important and the trivial just fine.

Of that there is no doubt, I've seen young mothers driving 2 and 1/2 ton Land Rovers with children in the back putting on make up as they drive.

I just call into question the way some people prioritise the important from the trivial.

Quote: zooo @ 17th April 2014, 2:49 PM BST

Is this the first good idea RC's ever had? :O

Hey, 'Look at me in a big dress day' is a goldmine. Every retailer and designer would jump on it like a trampoline made of tits.

Women could literally spend six months prior to 'Look at me in a big dress day' talking about what dress they're going to buy on Facebook.

Remember, you heard it here first.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 17th April 2014, 2:56 PM BST

Laughing out loud

I just call into question the way some people prioritise the important from the trivial.

Who gets to decide what is 'important' or 'trivial'? You?

One of my friends is a Style Consultant. You might think that is trivial, but she makes people feel happy and confident, which I consider to be important.