Status report Page 5,599

Quote: Jennie @ 7th April 2014, 10:27 PM BST

Genuine messages? Specific things? Not just "tell them I love them and will always watch over them"? If there is undeniable proof of that happening, why aren't more people doing it?

I would love to believe that we could hear from the dead. I imagine anyone who has ever lost anyone would want to believe that. We all would want to think that our loved ones are safe and well and watching over us.

But that is why I think these charlatans are so immoral. They prey on the grief of others like emotional vultures.

Aye the sort of message from the dead that you really, really want is:

"The swiss bank account number is nnnnnnnnnn"

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 7th April 2014, 10:57 PM BST

Huh? Oooookay.

Here's what you do Lofty -

1) Book your appointment and then cancel at the last minute.

2) Ask for the winning lottery numbers and offer to pay your bill after scooping the jackpot.

If they complain about either, then they're frauds. Scratch that, they're all frauds.

You would never get to visit a real fortune teller, because each one won the lottery or some other big prize and lives a life of luxury and don't take on clients any more.

My sis does Tarrot, she's very good at it and in demand.

But she's just honest that she's got no magic powers, her background is counselling and social work and she's just going to use the cards to give you some structured advice on your life.

Which is most of what the better ones do, nothing wrong with that. Everyone needs to be listened to by someone every now and then.

Except me.

I know where I'm going.

Quote: Jennie @ 8th April 2014, 8:22 PM BST

So there you are - the BCG is full of intelligent, capable and idea-oriented people.

Duh! We all new that beefor!

Quote: beaky @ 9th April 2014, 6:09 PM BST

Particularly with my piles.

Beaky you can invite every part of you, not just your piles.

Quote: sootyj @ 9th April 2014, 6:24 PM BST

My sis does Tarrot, she's very good at it and in demand.

But she's just honest that she's got no magic powers, her background is counselling and social work and she's just going to use the cards to give you some structured advice on your life.

Which is most of what the better ones do, nothing wrong with that. Everyone needs to be listened to by someone every now and then.

Except me.

I know where I'm going.

How to freak out the rest of the people in a pub at Halloween.

Play poker or whist or some such game, but play with a Tarot pack. :O Laughing out loud

How is that even possible? The cards wouldn't match or anything.

Ben had to work an extra hour today. He gets to finish early on Friday as a result though.

I think that's a good trade, the Ben!

Robyn has just eaten the greasiest dinner in the world and is just a bit full up now.

Mmmm, grease...

zooo just had her first Tootsie Roll. Since Americans are always going on about them. It was quite nice.

Quote: zooo @ 9th April 2014, 8:04 PM BST

Mmmm, grease...

zooo just had her first Tootsie Roll. Since Americans are always going on about them. It was quite nice.

you're a game girl and no mistaking

Quote: zooo @ 9th April 2014, 8:04 PM BST

My local Tesco was selling Twinkies the other day, but at £7.50 a box they can stay out of my basket. I think the Cyber Candy shops sell individual ones, so maybe I'll get one from there one day.

Tootsie rolls are nice, but twinkies bit meh.

I fancy a Twinkie.

(Leave it alone, sooty!)

I also bought some Lucky Charms. Didn't realise how insanely expensive they were until afterwards. They are pure happiness in a bowl though.

I got some caramel Shreddies

Fooooooookyeaaaaaahbabeeeeey

Quote: lofthouse @ 9th April 2014, 9:49 PM BST

I got some caramel Shreddies

Fooooooookyeaaaaaahbabeeeeey

You may need to do your laundry more often.