Status report Page 5,597

Especially if you're looking for a positive.

Kinda like Leela's relationship to Nibbla

I would sooner believe someone could be psychic than believe that there are ghosts and that they hang around talking to people through mediums.

(Plus ghosts are scary.)

what would you talk about if your were a ghost.

Still dead.

What's it like

bit shit, wooooooo

Aren't psychics and mediums pretty much the same thing though? Psychic medium being what they call themselves.

If you mean liars that take money from gullible people, then yes they are the same, same as people who sell zombie insurance.

Well mediums are all about ghosts, and psychics - if they were to exist - would just be able to sense stuff about other people, not anything to do with ghosts and shiz.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 8th April 2014, 9:35 PM BST

Aren't psychics and mediums pretty much the same thing though? Psychic medium being what they call themselves.

No, some don't say anything about dead people, they just just say this person in your life is worrying about this or whatever.

There's quite a bit of crossover though, clairvoyants, mediums, psychics, all deal with the supernatural one way or another. People go looking for something unusual or supernatural, something that a 'normal sensitive' like a good counsellor can't compete with.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 20th March 2014, 2:04 PM GMT

*hopes he hasn't offended Nil, who supports the magpies, so may conceivably also talk like our Jimmy*

Ha, no, I'm more Bill Bailey.

Hannah unless your boyfriend's grandfather would be about a hundred years old, I doubt if it would be normal for him to sing 'I'm forever blowing bubbles'. Grandfathers nowadays are approaching the Beetles era. So it was a pretty unusual 'guess'. I've an open mind. In my youth I was into fortune tellers. There was a teacupreading woman who was bloody good. She made predictions, unusual ones, that did indeed come true. Unfortunately this was pre-lottery days or she might have been even more help.

Quote: zooo @ 8th April 2014, 9:38 PM BST

Well mediums are all about ghosts, and psychics - if they were to exist - would just be able to sense stuff about other people, not anything to do with ghosts and shiz.

No , psychics do talk to the dead

Sally Morgan is a psychic and she does it in front of thousands of people all the time

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2012/mar/06/sally-morgan-best-loved-psychic

dear God Lofty I do hope you don't work with pointy objects, she is an appalling bullshiter a crossbreed between a vulture and a turd.

The dead are dead leave them alone, whatever they do or don't do has nothing to do with the living.

Quote: lofthouse @ 8th April 2014, 10:00 PM BST

No , psychics do talk to the dead

Sally Morgan is a psychic and she does it in front of thousands of people all the time

Yes some of them do, but I was making the point that some don't! But *all* mediums do, because I think that's kind of the definition of the word.

Nobody talks to the flipping dead, they're dead.

What a nightmare, you die and instead of getting a nice long eternal rest.
You get some fat, common bird, going oooh can you sing about fellating a monkey, or tell me what variety of pile cream I should buy.
F**k off I'm dead.
Deal with it.

Quote: sootyj @ 8th April 2014, 10:06 PM BST

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2012/mar/06/sally-morgan-best-loved-psychic

dear God Lofty I do hope you don't work with pointy objects, she is an appalling bullshiter a crossbreed between a vulture and a turd.

The dead are dead leave them alone, whatever they do or don't do has nothing to do with the living.

Sally Morgan is overjoyed to have won her libel action against the Daily Mail and to have restored her reputation and professional integrity. After an 18 month investigation into the work that Sally does, the newspaper was forced to make a full apology to Sally and pay her £125,000 in damages; one of the most substantial libel payments in recent history. Sally's legal team, led by Graham Atkins of Atkins Thomson, and David Sherborne of counsel, describe the victory as an extremely significant result.

The case was concluded at a hearing in the High Court in London on June 20 during which the newspaper withdrew its allegation that Sally cheated her audience at a show in September 2011. Representatives for Associated Newspapers Limited admitted the accusation was untrue and apologised unreservedly to Sally for publishing it. The newspaper also agreed to pay Sally's legal costs.

Sally is now looking forward to getting on with her life and doing what she does best - displaying her amazing talents to sell-out audiences.

She said: "Almost two years ago an accusation was made against me that questioned my professional integrity and suggested that I had cheated my fans, who I hold very dear. That accusation was totally unfounded and the subsequent fall out has affected me, my family, my career, my health and the good reputation I have built up over many years. It was an unjustified and unfair attack and it has been a very difficult, costly and painful process to get where I am today and to rectify that wrong.

"I bought this libel action against The Daily Mail not to be a spokesperson for mediums and mediumship, nor for financial gain, but for the simple reason of principle. I have done nothing wrong and deserve to have that acknowledged. I have never cheated.

"There will always be sceptics who attack my work and I understand and accept that. However, to libel me and falsely accuse me of a con trick does not constitute rational commentary or debate. I hope now this settlement and apology will repair the damage that has been done."

While Sally admits that the battle to clear her name has been emotionally draining, she has been overwhelmed by the love and support she has received from her family, friends and fans.

"I would like to thank my family and friends and most of all my fans from the bottom of my heart," she said. "They have shown me much love and support through these difficult months and the victory is as much for them as it is for me."