What are you watching on TV? Page 1,938

The Plantagenets. Gripping stuff. 300 years that covered so many momentous periods.

I've been watching that

Good stuff

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th March 2014, 10:30 AM BST

Old Rocker:-

Sunday Afternoon at Home?

My favourite! :D

Indeed !

:D

It Ain't Half Hot Mum "Puddings from Heaven" on DVD.

Just watched the Farage vs Clegg debate and very entertaining it was too. Clegg was really worked up and went off on the personal slagging of Nigel.

I think at one point he called him a 19th century Vladimir Putin who wants to destroy the Earth with a Death Star made out of dead Syrians.

I started to watch The Dark Knight Returns last night and actually got into it. I was too tired to watch all of it though. Is it worth carrying on with?

It's a bit tragic really, Farrage is on an upward trajectory he'll probably become an MEP, his party may even become influential in councils, maybe even win a seat in Westminster.
He has the publics imagination.

Clegg will probably lose his seat, as may all of his party. He is the captain of the Titanic feeling ice water on his bollocks.

Poor pitiful, ambitious fool, he should in retrospect put the country through a second election.

As it is I hope someone is making sure he isn't alone too much, he maybe a suicide risk.

Quote: Lee @ 2nd April 2014, 8:15 PM BST

I started to watch The Dark Knight Returns last night and actually got into it. I was too tired to watch all of it though. Is it worth carrying on with?

Yes it's no classic but it's very entertaining, in a loud, special fx kind of way,

Quote: sootyj @ 2nd April 2014, 8:19 PM BST

Clegg will probably lose his seat, as may all of his party. He is the captain of the Titanic feeling ice water on his bollocks.

Poor Cleggy, the angrier and more personal he got, the more Farage acted stoic and statesmanlike - the complete opposite to the LBC debate where he faired slightly better.

There was quite a pro-UKIP audience which took me by surprise - especially in a BBC debate hosted by Dimbles.

I do wonder if he was so genuinely stupid and vain that he thought his supporters would accept swopping, principled commitments for cabinet posts and discussing things that would never happen.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 2nd April 2014, 8:23 PM BST

There was quite a pro-UKIP audience which took me by surprise - especially in a BBC debate hosted by Dimbles.

UKIP has principles some of which maybe a bit fruity, but they stick by them.

And the basic principle EU membership should be up for a vote, is a simple one they stick by.

The liberals stand for nothing and are hated for it.

Quote: sootyj @ 2nd April 2014, 8:26 PM BST

The liberals stand for nothing and are hated for it.

They used to though, they were like the Waitrose to Labour's Tesco, but now they're Tory Fortnum & Masons.

RC - political discussions based solely on supermarket metaphors.

I'd say they're more like poundland

everything's cheap, suspect and no one in their right mind wants it.

Euro League: Basel vs. Valencia

Various comedy shows that are on during the day are pretty funny nowadays featuring the greats like tommy cooper which I just can't switch from.

HIGNFY

15 to 1 with sandy toksvig..

What fresh hell is this?