House Of Fools - Series 1 Page 14

Quote: zooo @ 5th February 2014, 7:00 PM GMT

Because it made me laugh. *shrug*

Any bits in particular?

I'm not really the type to make mental notes while watching a TV show. Sorry, I know that's not much help!

All I know is at the end I'd enjoyed it and laughed out loud throughout.

If zooo was to tell you precisely which moments made her laugh, what would you do with that information?

Quote: Lee @ 5th February 2014, 7:06 PM GMT

If zooo was to tell you precisely which moments made her laugh, what would you do with that information?

Read it, process it, and respond accordingly. Messageboard and all that.

Quote: zooo @ 5th February 2014, 7:02 PM GMT

I'm not really the type to make mental notes while watching a TV show. Sorry, I know that's not much help!

All I know is at the end I'd enjoyed it and laughed out loud throughout.

Fair enough. I hope you don't think I was getting at you, I just found the whole production lousy. Guess I should learn that different people laugh at different things!

Quote: Millsy @ 5th February 2014, 7:09 PM GMT

Read it, process it, and respond accordingly. Messageboard and all that.

Okay, so one of the moments that made me laugh was when Bob gave the finger to the other wig bearing contestants. I'm interested to know what your response to that might be.

:D

Quote: Lee @ 5th February 2014, 7:15 PM GMT

Okay, so one of the moments that made me laugh was when Bob gave the finger to the other wig bearing contestants. I'm interested to know what your response to that might be.

That bit really got me. But, overall, I wasn't keen on this episode: I like weird, I like surreal, but I don't like wacky.

Quote: Lee @ 5th February 2014, 7:15 PM GMT

I'll get back to you. ;)

Quote: zooo @ 5th February 2014, 2:01 PM GMT

I always found Vic slightly (very much only slightly) funnier. But Bob slightly more likeable.

Likeable, sure, but what about doable? That is what 21st century people want to know.

Quote: sootyj @ 5th February 2014, 12:20 AM GMT

I found it an enjoyable mess but not that memorable

Morwenna Banks though is quite lovely

You're thinking of Catterick, Mrs Baddiel is lovely though (are they married?) . . . and yes she is . . .

Quote: gappy @ 5th February 2014, 7:32 PM GMT

Likeable, sure, but what about doable? That is what 21st century people want to know.

Quote: Millsy @ 5th February 2014, 7:27 PM GMT

I'll get back to you. ;)

Quote: the science eel @ 5th February 2014, 1:59 PM GMT

You could also argue that a 'zany' sitcom like this one needs a calm central figure - isn't that sort of traditional?

It could be argued that the "balance" of The Young Ones, with Christopher Ryan being the fairly straight figure, and all the rest being zany around him, worked very well.

But when they made Filthy, Rich & Catflap (for those that remember it) with Mayall, Edmondson and Planer and removed the "straight" central character, it did not work as well (though it may have been for other reasons as well like the characters were not as good).

I think all "zany" comedies need a straight central figure to "play" off, and I think Bob does this very well in this series (while having his own bit of zaniness as well).

Quote: Guilbert @ 11th February 2014, 12:55 PM GMT

It could be argued that the "balance" of The Young Ones, with Christopher Ryan being the fairly straight figure, and all the rest being zany around him, worked very well.

But when they made Filthy, Rich & Catflap (for those that remember it) with Mayall, Edmondson and Planer and removed the "straight" central character, it did not work as well (though it may have been for other reasons as well like the characters were not as good).

I think all "zany" comedies need a straight central figure to "play" off, and I think Bob does this very well in this series (while having his own bit of zaniness as well).

I thought that Mike was just a crap actor.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th February 2014, 9:48 PM GMT

I thought that Mike was just a crap actor.

He is. Still a funny guy. I liked him as Tony Driscoll in OFAH.

Bob in the "bath" is making me laugh. Laughing out loud

Shame I missed the first three episodes.

I think tonight's was the weakest yet. Couple of great ideas - Beef's 1972 Africa ad, Bob as a turtle crawling around on the kitchen floor - but a whole ten minutes went by without really raising a smile.

Next week's is the last and I reckon it'll be a cracker.