House Of Fools - Series 1 Page 7

Brilliant, stupid, inventive, unpretentious Vic & Bob fun from start to finish. It's like the weird hybrid bastard child of Mighty Boosh, Bottom, Young Ones, Eric & Ernie and The Odd Couple. From Matt Berry's love of African ladies with arms as long as oars, to Bob's Pritt Sticked toupee, I laughed throughout. Especially Matt's entrance song. And the poo jokes. More poo jokes please. Ta :)

"You are fully realised" is one of the funniest lines I've heard for a long time. I can put up with a lot of poo gags for something so subtly amusing.

I love Vic and Bob and their surreal zany humour I just don't know if their brand of comedy is best suited to this format. I think sitcoms can be quite restrained and VnB are better suited by vast comedy pastures with no limitations where their imaginations can run riot.

I'm hastening to say that I didnt like it as I'm such a big fan. I just don't think studio sitcom is their niche.

Matt Berry was fantastic as always. His delivery is sublime.

I don't really get the comments about their type of humour not being suited to the sitcom format as they haven't adhered to most of it anyway (apart from a very vague sort of plot and the silliness of singing walk-ons)!

Morgana Robinson with her sexy voice, googly eyes and massive bangers gets me working wood every time she appears.

That's all.

Nice...

Yeah, we all really wanted and needed that information.

She was very pretty in that red onesie.

Quote: Enator @ 17th January 2014, 4:01 PM GMT

Morgana Robinson with her sexy voice, googly eyes and massive bangers gets me working wood every time she appears.

That's all.

I'm a joiner...

Those of you mentioning references to old sitcoms - did you notice anything specific? I'm just interested.

Quote: zooo @ 14th January 2014, 10:42 PM GMT

Yes, people tend to either find them hilarious or think it's drivel.

Dear god, please don't sit through it every single week for the whole run and then feel the need to come on here to tell us all how awful it is. ;)

Morning :)
Just seen this, this is what I think:

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 14th January 2014, 10:43 PM GMT

Matt Berry was tops in this too. His delivery at times is just so, so good.

Quote: Will Cam @ 14th January 2014, 11:07 PM GMT

Berry's character was basically Toast (of London).

Quote: Lazzard @ 15th January 2014, 9:51 AM GMT

It's plainly not a sitcom but, as been said, a re-packaged Big Night Out etc.

And many others on the 'it's very like/it's a loose rip off of ... but everyone's at it now so nobody cares anymore'. There must be 12 shows listed it's similar to. I'll add We Are Klang, one of the more notorious modern 'sitcoms' imo. Doesn't all this tell you something about Vic&Bob?

I've never really got how V&B are seen as cool, myself. The Chuckle Brothers are cooler than them, and it's basically the same act, just for a younger audience. This is a standard modern 'sitcom slot' show, NOT a real sitcom, though I'll take pleasure in reading the following posts which earnestly argue it is.

Sorry to disappoint Alfred but I agree with you that this is not a proper sitcom.

As an aside, the opening 'mourning' gag was very corny but also very, very old.

Vic and Bob have been on telly since 1990. I'm afraid they just aren't copying randoms like We Are Klang. :D
Many comedians around now will say they've been influenced by watching Vic and Bob throughout their childhood and growing up.
You simply have it the wrong way around.

You wouldn't let it lie! ;)

Laughing out loud