I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,395

Quote: Nogget @ 7th January 2014, 4:36 PM GMT

I wonder what the tweets actually were?

She looks like Gary Busey in a wig? Unfortunately, the newspapers never reprint the offensive Tweets in question, they'll show you a dead Syrian with his guts hanging out, but they won't reprint a nasty comment made on social media. You know, in case it offends.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 7th January 2014, 4:59 PM GMT

Yes, sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between the Press and the Legal Profession.

Oh, lame - you really can do better.

Quote: Jennie @ 7th January 2014, 5:01 PM GMT

I know I shouldn't expect any better from then. Even if she had bought it herself, why the f**k shouldn't she have a Mulberry?

Totally agree but thankfully the wigs and gowns remove any sense of privilege and elitism from the debate.

Errr

Quote: Jennie @ 7th January 2014, 5:01 PM GMT

There are some serious knuckle draggers in the comments section too "I think we should let the army run our legal system". Yeaaahhh....

Damn straight! :D

Isnt the problem that serious crims can afford the top ranked private silks, so if we allow the state sector to get hollowed out. Then we'll end up like the US where if you're rich you literally can get away with murder. But if you're not best hope the guy plea bargaining you gets a decent price.

Unenforcable laws are as satisfying as a photo of a sandwich is to a hungry man.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 7th January 2014, 5:05 PM GMT

Totally agree but thankfully the wigs and gowns remove any sense of privilege and elitism from the debate.

Errr

I tend to agree actually - not sure wearing them to the protest was a great idea. I think they were about attracting a bit of publicity.

A debate about privilege and elitism at the Bar would be a welcome thing. Only those with a private income would even attempt to enter the criminal bar these days.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 7th January 2014, 5:05 PM GMT

Errr

Surely the purpose of uniform is to deindividualise? All barristers look like a bottom of the dressing up box extra from a church hall Dickens adaptation, and therefore cannot use dress as a signal to influence the jury.

Quote: Tursiops @ 7th January 2014, 5:09 PM GMT

Surely the purpose of uniform is to deindividualise? All barristers look like a bottom of the dressing up box extra from a church hall Dickens adaptation, and therefore cannot use dress as a signal to influence the jury.

Yes. The principle is that we are all equal before the law - including the barristers, who all look broadly similar.

Ironically wigs and gowns are comparably priced with a new Mulberry handbag.

Quote: sootyj @ 7th January 2014, 5:08 PM GMT

Isnt the problem that serious crims can afford the top ranked private silks, so if we allow the state sector to get hollowed out. Then we'll end up like the US where if you're rich you literally can get away with murder. But if you're not best hope the guy plea bargaining you gets a decent price.

Unenforcable laws are as satisfying as a photo of a sandwich is to a hungry man.

Yes, basically. Another corking idea from the government is to freeze criminal's assets - so Mr Big Dick Drug Dealer, who has millions stashed into every orifice cannot use a single penny of that to pay for his legal representation. So he has to rely on the tax payer.

Quote: Jennie @ 7th January 2014, 5:09 PM GMT

Only those with a private income would even attempt to enter the criminal bar these days.

Same with journalism and a thousand other 'glamorous' occupations. Because there is little to no starting pay, the only ones who can afford to do the job are the sons and daughters of the well off.

The tiny sperms on Internships now read like a DeBretts guide and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone on there without a hyphen in their multiple last names.

In Internet News, this is going viral everywhere at the moment -

http://reviews.annsummers.com/6969-en_gb/07FPSVAS1007022/ann-summers-realistic-8-inch-dildo-mr-dick-reviews/reviews.htm?reviewID=24271532

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 7th January 2014, 5:27 PM GMT

Same with journalism and a thousand other 'glamorous' occupations. Because there is little to no starting pay, the only ones who can afford to do the job are the sons and daughters of the well off.

The tiny sperms on Internships now read like a DeBretts guide and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone on there without a hyphen in their multiple last names.

In Internet News, this is going viral everywhere at the moment -

http://reviews.annsummers.com/6969-en_gb/07FPSVAS1007022/ann-summers-realistic-8-inch-dildo-mr-dick-reviews/reviews.htm?reviewID=24271532

Gone viral? Sex AIDS?

BBC journalist paid License Fee money to fill empty space with retarded twaddle about nothing -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-25622093

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 7th January 2014, 9:04 PM GMT

BBC journalist paid License Fee money to fill empty space with retarded twaddle about nothing -

He's only bloody picking on baldies now

That and I happen to know for a fact you have an enviable barnet for a man of your years and lifestyle.

Quote: Nogget @ 7th January 2014, 6:08 PM GMT

Gone viral? Sex AIDS?

'He asked me why I hadn't shampooed the carpet'

Yeah, right !

Laughing out loud

Quote: sootyj @ 7th January 2014, 9:09 PM GMT

That and I happen to know for a fact you have an enviable barnet for a man of your years and lifestyle.

Why thank you. I'm getting it styled into a Moffat fro so Stott can finally live out his sex fantasy.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 7th January 2014, 9:04 PM GMT

There's a lot of it about.

http://www.bbc.c.uk/news/uk-politics-25320428
Even more of fail as if you look at her right hand you can see her wedding ring. They wear them on the right in Germany

Quote: Jennie @ 7th January 2014, 5:13 PM GMT

Ironically wigs and gowns are comparably priced with a new Mulberry handbag.

What would happen if a defendant wore the robe and wig for a laugh.