Still Open All Hours - 2013 Special Page 5

Pictures of David Jason filming Open All Hours (on Location)

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11/18/pictures-of-the-day_n_4294274.html?1384761817&ncid=edlinkusaolp00000008#21_david-jason-filming-open-all-hours

VIDEO: Sir David Jason begins filming Open All Hours in Doncaster

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/video-sir-david-jason-begins-filming-open-all-hours-in-doncaster-1-6251002

Glad to see Arkwright Grocers is not a Tesco

Com'on!... Even without Ronnie Barker if this doesn't bring a smile to your face maybe you're not breathing.

First pictures of David Jason filming on set of the Christmas special of 'Open All Hours' ( from a tweet John Challis)

FIRST LOOK: David Jason reprises his role as Granville in Open All Hours Special

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/443717/FIRST-LOOK-David-Jason-reprises-his-role-as-Granville-in-Open-All-Hours-Special

If you notice, in the pics and video, that other silent comedy prop is no more... it's either been sold or Albert Arkwright didn't want Granville to spend on a coffin and used it instead...
... I'm hinting at the Tin Bath hanging outside the shop. It's been replaced by baths made out of plastic.

In the second picture from the bottom the person behind David Jason looks a bit like Stephen Fry.

Great to see so many of the original cast are on board for this, but I still get the feeling that watching the show is going to be a bitter sweet experience. The fact that David Jason now looks older than Ronnie Barker ever did when playing Arkwright is somewhat surreal and almost sad in a way, as it is when you see anyone that you remember as being youthful looking frail. However, the fact that so many of the original people are involved should make it feel fairly authentic and with Roy Clarke at the helm at least you're guaranteed a sympathetic story. I will be watching for sure, but I will reserve my final judgement until after it has been aired. Let's hope it's more of a celebration than a sad look back at what once was.

Very much looking forward to it, just hope it is a good watch we will see when it is aired.

Nice pictures

Was Mrs Featherstone still hitting Granville there? I do hope she was.

Sally Lindsay has been pictured on set and Barry Chuckle has been confirmed to have a small part. Can't wait to see how the latter has been included!

Would be very cool to see Barbara Flynn, The Milk Woman and Granville's crush, back for an early morning delivery.

Haha, where has the Barry Chuckle info come from? That's the oddest casting I've heard of in a long time. What next? Dave Benson Phillips in a remake of Porridge?

Barry Chuckle was confirmed on the official Paul Chuckle Twitter account, and we can add Johnny Vegas to the cast today as well.

If this new one-off episode is a success, I wonder if a full series will be made?

Quote: Robert D @ 20th November 2013, 4:48 PM GMT

Barry Chuckle was confirmed on the official Paul Chuckle Twitter account, and we can add Johnny Vegas to the cast today as well.

Any chance to the Chuckle Twitter (that sounds so wrong). I've seen the pictures of Vegas on set and I must admit he looks the part.

Mavis is on it again, folks.