Father Figure - Series 1 Page 3

Are any of you anything but negative about ANYTHING?

Quote: Pip Bond @ September 25 2013, 10:35 AM BST

I don't have anything significant to add, really, I agree with all the negative reviews, it seemed weak and sloppy and overdone. And it didn't make me laugh. In fact, it came close to being one of the weakest of all the weak sitcoms I've seen this year.

What makes you laugh Pip?

Quote: Ringo @ September 25 2013, 6:35 AM BST

There were no stupid Oirish accents in it. Just several Irish people speaking in their genuine accent.

Seen Dermot Crowley in a lot of stuff over the years and never heard him sounding THAT Irish.

Just watched this and I agree, it's awful.

Quote: devilin @ September 23 2013, 6:00 PM BST

What comedy do you enjoy folks or do you just prefer to be negative and assume you'll appear knowledgeable?

I love the show. Can't beat a good bit of classic slapstick.

Off the top of my head I enjoy Porridge, Alan Partridge, The Good Life, Fawlty Towers, Spaced, Greenwing, Father Ted, Black Books, The IT Crowd, Rising Damp, One Foot In The Grave, Arrested Development, Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm and many other sitcoms, does this allow me to be negative about Father Figure?

Yes.

BBC 1 viewing figures: Father Figure : 1.8 million.

Google it and compare. Comedy is very subjective. Thank goodness the negative criticism on here doesn't hold sway with the great British public. I'm O.K. I love the show. :)

This is yet another reason why I gave up sending stuff to the BBC, as it is clearly a closed shop and those inside it are getting away with murder.
If this show was on a theatre it would be playing to an empty house. It really is that simple.
The Writers Room takes in 10,000 scripts and very few are even considered yet this bilge is played out with laughter tracks in a bid to convince people that it is funny when it is clearly one of the poorest things I have ever seen.

Oh I see, Most of you "Critics" are "also rans". Chip on the old shoulder hey! :P

devilin - do you have some connection with the show?

Quite, it's ok not to like this as much as it's ok to like it. Different horses and that.

I may well be an also ran as you say, but the show's still shit, simple as. The writers couldn't write funny with a broken pen.
Even if you normally like the inane in-house middle class BBC renditions of reality it would still ring hollow.
It is truly shocking how this got on telly, perhaps a child was held and a note passed or it was put together with a Savile slush fund. I have no idea?
But it couldn't fill a phone box on the second night as far as I'm concerned soft shite. It is shit and it is a flop that simple.

Teddy you seem to contradict yourself. it would appear you, at least, enjoy using "sh-t and S--te.

Tursiops. Connected in the same way as yourself. I watched the programme.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ September 26 2013, 4:15 PM BST

I may well be an also ran as you say, but the shows still shit simple as, the writers couldn't write funny with a broken pen.
Even if you normally like the inane in-house middle class BBC renditions of reality it would still ring hollow.
It is truly shocking how this got on telly, perhaps a child was held and a note passed or it was put together with a Saville slush fund I have no idea?
But it couldn't fill a phone box on the second night as far as I'm concerned soft shite. It is shit and it is a flop that simple.

Come on teddy, no wonder the BBC reject you if the above is a sample of your writing style.

Teddy, the first night attracted 1.7 million viewers, the second night 1.8 million. Do the research lad.

I don't research comedy I write it and the stuff I write is better than that shite.
I don't normally advocate extreme violence but I think the four quilts that penned this crap need volleying all round f**king Tesco's.

I thought this was bloody amazing. Very fun to watch!