- Richard Attenborough, Dennis Price, Terry-Thomas, Ian Carmichael, Peter Jones, William Hartnell, Thorley Walters, Jill Adams and more
- Alan Hackney, Frank Harvey and John Boulting
- John Boulting
- Roy Boulting
It's 1942 and in the middle of his studies, Stanley Windrush is called up to join the forces. Of a respectable family, he's naturally assumed to be Officer material, but quickly proves to be a particularly feckless new recruit and soon flunks out of the officer training course and is stationed as a regular Private at a quiet camp where he can be of no bother.
There, Windrush befriends a fellow Private, crafty layabout Cox. It's not long before the pair are drafted into a division under the command of Brigadier Tracepurcel, Stanley's uncle, who's planning a daring raid far behind enemy lines to liberate a hoard of precious works of art and treasures that've been confiscated by the Nazis.
- UK certificate
- 106 minutes
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- Black and white
- Music composed and directed by John Addison and played by the Sinfonia of London.
- Most recent repeats
- Monday 25th October 2021 at 3:00pm on TPTV
- Friday 9th July 2021 at 6:00am on TPTV
- Thursday 26th November 2020 at 2:30pm on TPTV
- Shepperton Studios