- Sid James, Kenneth Connor, Charles Hawtrey, Joan Sims, Kenneth Williams, Bill Owen, Liz Fraser, Terence Longdon and more
- Norman Hudis
- Gerald Thomas
- Peter Rogers
Bert Handy, proprietor of the Helping Hands agency - promising to provide assistance for any task, big or small - is in a quandry. Accompanied only by his elderly secretary Miss Cooling, he's in desperate need of employees to provide said assistance, but to date even an advert in The Times hasn't proven successful!
Meanwhile at the labour exchange, there's a dire shortage of jobs (never mind interesting ones), so when a motley crew get wind of Helping Hands' need for staff, they can't get there quick enough - and Bert hires all seven of them on the spot.
Work quickly builds up at the agency: from pet walking to translation services; modelling to cleaning; hosting and queue-place-saving, even Handy himself has to get to work.
However, with the increasing workload come an increasingly odd set of assignments; and when Miss Cooling's careful organisational system is thrown awry by a careless cleaner, disaster could be on the cards!
- Part of
- UK certificate
- 88 minutes
- UK release
- Monday 27th March 1961
- UK premiere
- Friday 17th March 1961, Odeon, Marble Arch
- Black and white
- Most recent repeats
- Wednesday 5th January 2022 at 4:40pm on Film4
- Sunday 2nd January 2022 at 11:00am on Film4
- Sunday 24th October 2021 at 12:45pm on Film4
- Pinewood Studios - Studio
- Windsor - Locations