- Helen Fielding
- Renée Zellweger, Colin Firth, Hugh Grant, Jim Broadbent, Gemma Jones, Celia Imrie, James Faulkner, Charmian May and others
- Helen Fielding, Andrew Davies and Richard Curtis
- Sharon Maguire
- Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Jonathan Cavendish, Debra Hayward, Liza Chasin and Helen Fielding
Bridget Jones (Renée Zellweger) is a 30-something singleton surrounded by smug couples and embarrassing moments. On New Year's Eve she decides to get a grip on her life and document the details - she'll lose weight, get a sensible boyfriend and cut down on cigarettes and alcohol.
Things start to look up when Bridget's dashing yet dastardly boss (Hugh Grant) shows an interest in her, but the presence of reputable family friend Mark Darcy (Colin Firth) complicates matters. It is not until their pasts are unravelled that Bridget stumbles on where her heart lies.
- Part of
- UK certificate
- 97 minutes
- Release date
- Wednesday 4th April 2001
- Wednesday 4th April 2001, Leicester Square
- Box office
- Reached the top of the UK box office in its first weekend, taking in over £5.7 million (at the time the most successful ever opening for a British film). It grossed over $250 million worldwide in cinema sales.
- Production companies
- Laugh track
View recording details
- Last repeat
- Tuesday 25th December 2018 at 11:30pm on ITV