Status report Page 5,750

Oh, yes, 60s. I remember the rise of the Beatles. Sigh. Those were the days my friend.

Sigh, I remember the rise of Elvis.

Quote: keewik @ 15th February 2015, 11:16 PM GMT

Oh, yes, 60s. I remember the rise of the Beatles. Sigh. Those were the days my friend.

We thought they'd never end :(

Ben is watching the football and really feels in the mood for a coffee, but it's too late for caffeine.

Go reckless and have a coffee!

I have finally solved a problem I've been having since last August (not a personal problem! :) ) so am currently in a good mood. Whoopee etc.

Quote: Jack F @ 16th February 2015, 11:24 PM GMT

I have finally solved a problem I've been having since last August (not a personal problem! :) ) so am currently in a good mood. Whoopee etc.

Well, you can't just leave it like FFS "

What? How? Who?

Quote: Oldrocker @ 17th February 2015, 12:50 AM GMT

Well, you can't just leave it like FFS !

What? How? Who?

Oh nothing exciting, hence why I didn't go into details. Just a boring maths/coding problem (but quite important to the work I do). I should really have made up something exciting. :D

My status report is pancakes.

I recommend banana, muscovado sugar and maple syrup. Holy wow.

I forgot to buy any ready made pankakes.

I have a pack of easy mix etc, but I'm not sure that I can cook them since I installed an electric hob instead of gas.

I used to do them on a vintage curved Welsh hotplate thingy, that used to belong to my parents.

like this:

Snag is, I can't see how my ceramic hob can be made to heat that up. I think the protective circuits will switch the hob off if I merely put it over the fry-pan location.

Quote: billwill @ 17th February 2015, 6:43 PM GMT

Snag is, I can't see how my ceramic hob can be made to heat that up. I think the protective circuits will switch the hob off if I merely put it over the fry-pan location.

Go all native with an open fire in the garden?

Off to experiment pancake-wise.

I may be some time.

Ah! You like my idea. :) Don't forget you need some dry kindling.

Here's Ray with some tips:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwr5ybkqBss

Heh heh, no I remembered that somewhere I have a silly pancake frying pan, double sided.

Like this:

They are actually useless as a newby pankake maker's pan, because if you are experienced enough to be able to use one successfully, you won't need one like that.

Anyway I found mine and ignoring the top bit except when it fell closed & rapped my knuckles, I cooked my quick mix bottle of pancake stuff.

They were not bad, some overcooked, but as I had to sample each one as I finished it, I regret there are none left to give to BCG members.

I did dscover that sunflower oil is better than olive oil as a 'wetting' agent for the pan.

I'm on a waffle kick. I don't think I've eaten anything but waffles and burritos for 3 days.