What are you drinking? Page 9

Orange Squash.

I want a cup of tea, but I burnt my tounge or some terrible British Rail tea at the station, so now it feels a bit fuzzy.

I might have to go with some kind of fruit juice.

Quote: Paul W @ September 7 2008, 9:33 PM BST

Bottle of Coors light - Damn thats a refreshing beer.

I drank gallons of the stuff 25 years ago when I was young and poor, but I won't go near it now.

Quote: EllieJP @ September 7 2008, 9:44 PM BST

Orange Squash.

Good ol' Ellie! I think it's time to crack open another can of the pepsi max
:)

Quote: DaButt @ September 7 2008, 9:50 PM BST

I drank gallons of the stuff 25 years ago when I was young and poor, but I won't go near it now.

Thanks!

And why, it's nice... real nice.

Quote: Paul W @ September 7 2008, 9:55 PM BST

And why, it's nice... real nice.

It's just another crappy American lager with no soul. Coors used to have a mystique because up until about 1982 it was only sold west of the Mississippi River, so travelers would often bring back a case or two as a souvenir.

Now I have a hankering to watch "Smokey and the Bandit."

Nothing wrong with that, one of the best movies of all time. I even bought a seventies transam in tribute once.

Quote: jacparov @ September 7 2008, 10:02 PM BST

I even bought a seventies transam in tribute once.

I was 14 when the movie came out and I wanted a black Trans Am more than anything in the world.

Quote: DaButt @ September 7 2008, 9:58 PM BST

It's just another crappy American lager with no soul. Coors used to have a mystique because up until about 1982 it was only sold west of the Mississippi River, so travelers would often bring back a case or two as a souvenir.

It's now brewed in a small town about 15 miles from me called Burton-on-Trent.

Got a feeling you don't like Budwesier then?

And have you tried Brooklyn beer? (American of course)

I was 14 when the movie came out and I wanted a black Trans Am more than anything in the world.-(quote).

It's one of the coolest cars in the world. You can hear the planet dying when you drive it though.

Burton-on-Trent is a concentration camp for beers.

I hate the way a good lager is imported. Then gets produced here, tastes like shit and 25% weaker.

Singha, Tiger bah all weak and unpleasant now.

For years European brewers have made weaker variants of their beer becuase aparently we can't be trusted.

Sounds like a causa belli.

Quote: sootyj @ September 7 2008, 10:17 PM BST

Burton-on-Trent is a concentration camp for beers.

I hate the way a good lager is imported. Then gets produced here, tastes like shit and 25% weaker.

Singha, Tiger bah all weak and unpleasant now.

For years European brewers have made weaker variants of their beer becuase aparently we can't be trusted.

Sounds like a causa belli.

All I've known Sooty so I can't argue... but I have a taste for Coors and Bud. Maybe I have an unrefined beer palet.

Quote: Paul W @ September 7 2008, 10:12 PM BST

It's now brewed in a small town about 15 miles from me called Burton-on-Trent.

Got a feeling you don't like Budwesier then?

And have you tried Brooklyn beer? (American of course)

So much for being "Brewed with Pure Rocky Mountain Spring Water." :|

I don't like Bud, either. I've never tried Brooklyn's beers.

Cobra is nice.

Quote: jacparov @ September 7 2008, 10:16 PM BST

It's one of the coolest cars in the world. You can hear the planet dying when you drive it though.

If I win the lottery I'm going to buy a pristine Trans Am and a Mustang Mach 1 and drive them into the ground while doing my best Burt Reynolds and Tommy Saxondale impersonations. Suck it, Planet Earth!

I'll have to stop visiting England if the day comes that the pubs serve only Bud, Coors, Corona and the like.