Teenage Kicks Page 7

I still quite like it. It's nice that it's a bit 'old-fashioned'. Maybe I'm a romantic in that way...

Dan

If you are, then we'd make a perfect couple.

... And zooo just woke up. :)

If me and you were together there would only be a house-full of DVDs and nothing else...

Dan

This is true.

"Aaron! Where's the DVD player?"
"It's under the DVDs in the... somewhere..."

:)

Dan

So true. Laughing out loud

Wow. I'm usually just a browser on this forum but I had to register JUST to say.....

I can't believe how many of you actually like this sitcom or, just as bad, think it's acceptable.
It's awful. Really really bad. It's as if the last 20 years of comedy didn't occur. I sat open-jawed (pretty much literally, there were certainly no facial movements on my part, such as a smile or god forbid a laugh) watching it the other night.

I'm amazed that Ms Saunders allowed her partner to stain her name and deserved reputation by association with that heap of shit. I recognise they're not going for any level of reality with the set-up (a cupboard under the stairs, you say?) but my god, you can't engender laughs without there being SOME basis in reality via characterisation.

I know ITV aren't known for quality laughs but I actually think they've outdone themselves by a country (yes, pun intended) mile. In all seriousness, for the first five minutes, I thought it was a vehicle of satire a la Andy Millman.

I've never been embarrassed for performers before this but I felt like petitioning ITV to pull the plug just to allow them to retreat to unemployment. The misery of no income amidst this impending credit crisis would be a definite improvement on having to continue in that behometh of bol***ks.

Robert Mugabe right now is funnier.

Oh well i'll still watch it as it's certainly not as bad as you're making it out to be.

It's not great by any means either but still i've seen far worse.

I'm with Daktari. I felt embarrassed for the actors.

I don't expect much from ITV, but this was worse than pantomime!

I'm with Richard. Not great, but more than watchable in my book. Particularly in comparison to The Wall on BBC Three.

Just seen the preview for tonight. "Vernon takes his kids on holiday to Wales..........in winter." Rolling eyes You just know how bad it's going to be.

Normally give new sitcoms three episodes and then give up, so it looks like it after tonight.

Why are you all taking it so seriously. This is a traditional sitcom and therefore the humour is going to be pretty simple however I think the situation is good and Ade Edmonsons character. I the first couple of eps were a bit shit but I reckon it has quite a bit of potential and if it is given some time i reckon it could improve quite a bit. There are so many snobs on this forum.

Is it snobbish to think something's complete rubbish?
I'm not against a more 'traditional' feel to a sitcom but I'm not sure why I should settle for no laughs. It is possible to combine tradition with quality. That isn't me being aloof about the form, it's me being aloof about something that offends me it's so bad. Ergo, no snobbishness.

"There are so many aloof people on this forum." - NOW you're talking. ;)

^^^^

But just because you don't find it funny, it doesn't mean nobody else will.

I mean if you didn't find it funny at all then yea you could say it's the poor quality of the writing etc or maybe it's you and you're too hard to please or something.

I'm with Daktari. It's rubbish imo. But it's only an opinion. I won't come round your house and water the daisies if you like it. Or maybe I will Whistling nnocently