Who do you fancy? Page 1,241

I don't know why but I'd like to give keewik a hug.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 15th December 2015, 11:39 PM GMT

It was basically a bad cold, followed by dehydration (unfortunately due to his dementia he doesn't always think to drink anything when he's on his own), this caused a urine infection and constipation. I ended up taking him to A&E. The antibiotics the Doctor gave him caused severe confusion and diarrhoea (although they neglected to tell me these would be side effects). Since the only visible sign when he has a urine infection is confusion, I ended up getting a second weeks worth of antibiotics since he was still confused!

Imagine being trapped in the corner of your bathroom with a firefighter pointing a hose at you while you can see the water filling the hose ready to shoot out:

Now replace the firefighter with your own father facing away from you and naked from the waist down with his arse sticking out. Now replace the hose with your Dad's anus and add the fact that he's misunderstood your instruction to sit on the toilet and is instead slowly backing himself towards you while violently leaking from his backside.

That was a low point.

But it's over now.

I feel your pain and glad that everything is (relatively) back to normal. As a secondary carer for both my housebound and vascular dementia sufferer 90-year-old MIL and physically and mentally disabled BIL they were, until recently living with a carer up in central London. They both nearly died this year and ended up in hospital/Intensive Care. They survived and were moved into different sheltered housing schemes.

It's a relief.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 16th December 2015, 12:44 AM GMT

All the way from Switzerland too :)

Quote: keewik @ 16th December 2015, 12:27 AM GMT

Doug, I really feel for you. My mother had Alzheimer's and I've many bad memories but fortunately none of them feature diarrhoea.

Yes. I used to think about my mother's antics 'One day I'll look back on this and laugh'. I'm nearly there, 9 years later!

My MIL now thinks that we have two children (we only have the one) and that her 54-year-old disabled son is currently attending school in another part of London. I cannot imagine what dementia would feel like.

Quote: Chappers @ 15th December 2015, 9:13 PM GMT

Josie Lawrence.

Anyone know what she's up to these days?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPH6cGZRtgE

She was the sexy voice of 'The Brain' and a bad quiz show on BBC2 presented by John Craven. He's next for operation yewtree. Someone told me he was a countryphile or something. Pervert.

I fancied Josie Lawrence quite a bit when I was young and 'discovering my body' when she was a regular on Whose Line Is It Anyway. She still looks very nice.

Quote: Aaron @ 16th December 2015, 12:19 AM GMT

Laughing out loud

Oh God. I shouldn't laugh.

You can laugh, it's a comedy forum.

Quote: Chappers @ 15th December 2015, 9:13 PM GMT

Josie Lawrence.

Anyone know what she's up to these days?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPH6cGZRtgE

Me and my friend *still* think of Richard Vranch dressed in his red bikini during the live performance of 'Paul Merton Live At The London Palladium.' It occurred in 1993/4.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 16th December 2015, 12:44 AM GMT

Thanks. I'm over it now - I think. Especially when I remember the time she lost her false teeth and waylaid a poor young workman to climb up into the huge communal bin to rake through the rubbish. When he didn't find them, she became convinced she'd swallowed them(and that was BEFORE I realised she'd flipped her lid) and kept saying 'as long as I feel all right.' I eventually found the teeth under the bed.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 16th December 2015, 1:29 AM GMT

John Craven. He's next for operation yewtree. Someone told me he was a countryphile or something. Pervert.

Laughing out loud

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 16th December 2015, 1:29 AM GMT

I fancied Josie Lawrence quite a bit when I was young and 'discovering my body' when she was a regular on Whose Line Is It Anyway. She still looks very nice.

Apart from WLIIA I thought she looked gorgeous in Outside Edge as well.

As it's just finished, my favourite Peep Show lady:

April:

Catherine Shepherd

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 16th December 2015, 11:55 PM GMT

As it's just finished, my favourite Peep Show lady:

April:

Catherine Shepherd

She was also great in 'The Peter Serafinowicz Show' and 'Harry and Paul: The Story of The Twos" Catherine is "Wycliffe's" daughter no less.

I loved her on The IT Crowd too. Richmond saying 'I guess this is my one then' when she arrived at the dinner party being all weird.

Quote: zooo @ 17th December 2015, 12:24 PM GMT

I loved her on the IT Crowd too. Richmond saying 'I guess this is my one then' when she arrived at the dinner party being all weird.

Of course, she was one of Jen's friends, along with Sarah 'Stevie' Hadley.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 17th December 2015, 12:29 PM GMT

along with Sarah 'Stevie' Hadley.

Oh yeah! She was the drunk sexually aggressive one that liked Moss. I forgot her.

Quote: zooo @ 17th December 2015, 12:33 PM GMT

Oh yeah! She was the drunk sexually aggressive one that liked Moss. I forgot her.

Was she also the one with the broken nose or the one who "came from Iran"?

Lol, no that was two whole other women.
I think the lovely Lucy Montgomery played the transexual. But I can't remember who played the one with the face. Was she covered up for the whole time?

Quote: zooo @ 17th December 2015, 6:04 PM GMT

Lol, no that was two whole other women.
I think the lovely Lucy Montgomery played the transexual. But I can't remember who played the one with the face. Was she covered up for the whole time?

Yes - I think so.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 17th December 2015, 12:16 PM GMT

She was also great in 'The Peter Serafinowicz Show' and 'Harry and Paul: The Story of The Twos" Catherine is "Wycliffe's" daughter no less.

When I was a teenager I worked at Tesco. The security guard there used bang on about how his dog was once in an episode of Wycliffe. He thought people would find this impressive in some way.

I think you'll find it's Sarah Hadland, not Hadley.

I'm pretty sure Sarah Hadley was the lead singer of Spandau Ballet.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th December 2015, 5:44 PM GMT

Was she also the one with the broken nose or the one who "came from Iran"?

Stop getting Bond wrong!

The one in the bandages I'm pretty sure was Emily Mortimer's friend Dolly Wells.