Cats!!!!! Page 160

:D

I saw the cat cafe today just off Bricklane, not open and looks a bit forlorn and forgotten

they had a couple of cats in the window, looked a bit mangy to be honest.

Quote: sootyj @ 26th February 2014, 2:23 PM GMT

I saw the cat cafe today just off Bricklane, not open and looks a bit forlorn and forgotten

they had a couple of cats in the window, looked a bit mangy to be honest.

You're not telling me...a place to eat cats?

I asked and they threw a ball of string at me.

Details on the cat cafe here: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-03/01/cat-cafe

Not sure if it's a charming little venture or just cuteness gone mad.

I tell you what it is, it's a food hygeine nightmare with a side order of animal cruelty.
Seriously the cats will f**king hate being poked and proded by strangers all days.
You know what it is, it's a cat brothel.
Enjoy your cat whores, you f**king weirdoes.

It says there's three doors and an airlock dividing the cats and cafe followed by hand washing, disinfectant and towels....after which you enter the cafe to be greeted by...more cats!

You're not actually supposed to poke cats sooty. Stroking is more usual. Maybe you shouldn't go in.
The cats can bugger off into another room any time they get sick of being stroked.

I love cats, but the cat cafe in London's Shoreditch(where else?) is just deranged. I'd rather eat without animals, however cute, sticking their noses in my food.

I like it when you're in a pub and there's a resident dog that sniffs about and lets you stroke it, but if there were seven of them it would get a bit much.

Quote: beaky @ 2nd March 2014, 11:43 AM GMT

I love cats, but the cat cafe in London's Shoreditch(where else?) is just deranged. I'd rather eat without animals, however cute, sticking their noses in my food.

Well I don't think the point of the place is the cafe part. If you wanted a cafe you'd go to a normal one. The whole point of it is to go if you want to hang out with cats.

I think a cat library/cat book shop would probably be a better idea.

I still want to go to the cafe though, just to see what it's like.

I imagine it would be a load of eyes watching you eat.

Oh that's true. They'd have to make a blanket rule that you mustn't feed the cats from your plate, otherwise they're all going to constantly be begging.

If you don't have access to the catfé, why not try and eat a tray of chips in your local town centre or at the sea front, where you can be observed by the local pigeon/seagull/starling population.

Because cats > birds.