Cats!!!!! Page 125

My brother's moving out and so the cat has made his suitcase into her bed in protest.

Quote: Jennie @ August 25 2013, 10:43 PM BST

They won't consider that, it is a new door and the cat is 16, so in all honesty, not going to be around that much longer.

Just have to hope he is safe in his kitty kennel :(

Console :(

It's a bloody cat. My best friend lost her father to cancer a couple of months ago.

Perspective, Jennifer, perspective.

:(

Cats is people.

Quote: zooo @ August 25 2013, 10:50 PM BST

Cats is people.

You sound like some of my lawyer friends! We had a 20 minute debate about whether kitty murder should attract the same sentence as people murder.

These girls have happily defended rapists and human murderers, but were seriously considering getting someone else to defend the kitty murderer on the grounds that they couldn't be objective.

Quote: zooo @ August 25 2013, 10:50 PM BST

Cats is people.

http://theweek.com/article/index/231798/is-your-cat-really-a-murderous-killer

But could you defend one in animal court?

Ha. It does actually make me incredibly angry when animal killers get a slap on the wrist. If I was in charge they'd get years in jail for killing someone's pet deliberately and cruelly. Or even hurting one.
Murderers start off killing animals, as everyone knows (well, so I've read.) So it'd be doing society a favour.

Quote: roscoff @ August 25 2013, 10:54 PM BST

Roscoff no one is ever going to let you and Jefrey marry ever, it's not in the human rights act.

Quote: zooo @ August 25 2013, 10:55 PM BST

Ha. It does actually make me incredibly angry when animal killers get a slap on the wrist. If I was in charge they'd get years in jail for killing someone's pet deliberately and cruelly. Or even hurting one.
Murderers start off killing animals, as everyone knows (well, so I've read.) So it'd be doing society a favour.

The RSPCA have a long standing campaign for automatic custodial sentences for serious animal cruelty.

Because it's such a precursor to violence against humans.

Saw a woman with a baby stroller today, being sniffed by a huge pitbull. One woman nearby says
"oh don't mind him he loves babies."

Some people really shouldn't be in the gene pool

Quote: zooo @ August 25 2013, 10:55 PM BST

This is absolutely true. An animal is entirely innocent. If you can kill one in cold blood, it is not a huge step to kill a human.

Quote: Jennie @ August 25 2013, 10:53 PM BST

You sound like some of my lawyer friends! We had a 20 minute debate about whether kitty murder should attract the same sentence as people murder.

These girls have happily defended rapists and human murderers, but were seriously considering getting someone else to defend the kitty murderer on the grounds that they couldn't be objective.

Can you please stop giving me nightmares about the criminal justice system.

what I'm wearing if I'm ever in court.

You would get cuddled and stroked a lot.

Quote: Jennie @ August 25 2013, 11:01 PM BST

This is absolutely true. An animal is entirely innocent. If you can kill one in cold blood, it is not a huge step to kill a human.

I worked on the turkey farm when on Kibbutz and I offed some of them and chickens.

So erm fear me.

Colonel Saunders must be terrifying

Quote: Jennie @ August 25 2013, 11:03 PM BST

You would get cuddled and stroked a lot.

In or out of prison?

Quote: Jennie @ August 25 2013, 10:53 PM BST

I do feel a bit more empathy for an animal having been tortured or murdered than a human. I think it's because you know the animal can't possibly have understood why it was happening. Or something. Meep.

ANYWAY! This thread is meant for happy cat talk!

Quote: sootyj @ August 25 2013, 11:04 PM BST

I worked on the turkey farm when on Kibbutz and I offed some of them and chickens.

So erm fear me.

By 'in cold blood' I mean 'cruelly'. I was once asked to kill a goat in Kenya. It had a bloody name and everything. Refusing was a big deal - it was a real honour to have the village give up one of their goats for our dinner. I was in a mixed group, and while the boys were well up for it, the girls really weren't keen. Unfortunately, in rural Kenya it's the women who kill the goat before cooking it.

I just couldn't do it. Still ate it though. :)

If I was a cat I'd put it down to karma for all the field mice and chicks I'd offed.