Doctor Who... Page 1,084

Quote: sootyj @ 31st August 2014, 2:16 PM BST

Oh and how boring is the inside of a Dalek, properly back to old 1970s shaky walled sets.

And what are the chances of the suppressed memories being switched on and off by big red buttons - only they're not big 'cos they can only be accessed by nano-sized humans.....

And why could none of it be accomplished just by prising the lid off?

That I could forgive as a bit of magic story lubricant, but it looked daft in such a clunky episode.

I'm not sure I can be bothered watching any more of it. I watched last weeks and thought that Capaldi is a good Doctor, but everything moves at such a slow pace. I always thought RTDs tenure was a bit childish, but it was much more watchable than Moffat's incarnation of the show.

Sherlock is one of my favourite British shows and I struggle to understand why Moffatt can't inject some of the fizz and sparkle of this into Who. I think it needs that much more than a "darker Doctor" after the last 4 years of draining story arcs.

Did they get some kids who are failing in their woodwork studies to write this as a prize they won in a competition I never heard of? Well done to them for giving it a go. I love the fact that they show and don't tell. I know it was there but I didn't notice the almost Wittgensteinian philosophy that was hidden behind the jet engines that turbo drove this emotional and visceral roller coaster of a ride. It didn't just address the nature of the Doctor but the very nature of humanity itself! Light and dark good and evil and now the most compelling question of all - when does Flog It start, or have I missed it?

Quote: Marc P @ 31st August 2014, 9:37 PM BST

when does Flog Me start, or have I missed it?

Filth!

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 31st August 2014, 10:05 PM BST

Filth!

:$

How did the Grimm brothers get the ladies?

Quote: sootyj @ 31st August 2014, 5:20 PM BST

a bit of magic story lubricant.

I don't watch it but who the f**k thought it OK to put it in in the first place?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29068551

If only Moffat's dad had f**ked his mum a bit earlier - he would have been born in time to write the scripts for the late-era Carry On films - which surely was his destiny.

I wouldn't have to watch a programme - the idea of which I love - reduced to a cringing pile of cliché and smut.

Gore blimey cockney dykes from Tipping the velvet, a comedy Sonatran butler and the title music - perhaps the greatest TV theme tune - already messed about with, now totally stripped of its strangeness and power.

And a surprisingly cheap-looking title sequence made up of clip art based on an stock library search of the word 'time'.

F**king, f**king hell. Who's supervising Moffat? Who's letting him cook-up this garbage?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 5th September 2014, 1:44 AM BST

F**king, f**king hell. Who's supervising Moffat? Who's letting him cook-up this garbage?

Are you suggesting that he should be supervised by fanboys? >_<

If only Moffat's dad had f**ked his mum a bit earlier - he would have been born in time to write the scripts for the late-era Carry On films - which surely was his destiny.

I wouldn't have to watch a programme - the idea of which I love - reduced to a cringing pile of cliché and smut.

Gore blimey cockney dykes from Tipping the velvet, a comedy Sonatran butler and the title music - perhaps the greatest TV theme tune - already messed about with, now totally stripped of its strangeness and power.

And a surprisingly cheap-looking title sequence made up of clip art based on an stock library search of the word 'time'.

Aaa but the introspection in it! The Magus meets JG Ballard meets Philip K Dick. On a serious note though and a real treat for genuine fans... One of the Daleks, as yet unnamed, will be appearing in Strictly Come Dancing.

Alas all I can say is atleast you didn't see the one where he explores a Daleks colon.

A lot of you will have missed the first time the Daleks appeared on TV. They were genuinely terrifying!

And to anyone that does remember the early episodes - they remain a childhood fear.
This overrides any story flaws, the very sight of one brings it back.

If a Dalek was to come into my house I suspect I might foul myself :)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th September 2014, 10:00 AM BST

This overrides any story flaws,

Overrides...but doesn't forgive.

It doesn't override anything. It's like kissing a childhood sweetheart who has gone in the Tardis and come back ninety years old, I say to you, no thanks!