Hancock Page 3

I love that site. They are purposefully about £1 cheaper than Play on everything.
Bless 'em.

Yeah, but they're rarely the cheapest nowadays I find.

Tell us the cheaper ones pleeease.

Glad to find so many Hancock fans. (And let's not forget Galton & Simpson.)

I agree with those who allude to the character of 'Hancock' influencing modern sitcoms (especially TV Hancock). He was probably the first true sitcom character that was deliberately written to be slightly unsympathetic. Where else do we see the ignorant, pompous buffoon, who often unselfconsciously opens his mouth only to say something offensive, obnoxious or naieve? See Partridge, Larry David, 'Extras'... etc, etc, etc....

Today, with the weather an' all is becoming just like the Sunday afternoon episode of Hancock's half hour. The only difference is I am waiting for luggage to arrive after a trip to Houston, yesterday the luggage was in Paris, I was not!!!
So I have to stay in and wait for my sight-seeing suitcase.

British Airways?

No, it was Air France!

Ah, well there you go then. :)

Who's watched the episode: The Set that Failed. It is on the Volume 2 DVD- absolute genius, the best Hancock episode.

Quote: Jack Massey @ January 21, 2008, 9:43 PM

Who's watched the episode: The Set that Failed. It is on the Volume 2 DVD- absolute genius, the best Hancock episode.

Was a version on radio too?

Don't know. I doubt it as it was a very visual episode.

Loved Hancock on the radio, the silences were very brave.

Quote: Jack Massey @ January 21, 2008, 10:05 PM

Don't know. I doubt it as it was a very visual episode.

Is it the one where he gets a new TV that's about the size of the whole house? If so, yes, it was on radio too. If not, it may still have been on radio, but I've just not heard it. ;)

Quote: Griff @ January 21, 2008, 9:48 PM

Talking of the legendary Galton and Simpson, there's a comedy course being held soon where you get to meet Alan Simpson. It might be worth it to go along just for that...

http://www.comedycourse.biz/

!!!

No. It's the one where his TV breaks so he sneaks into the house of TV obsessed people who are too distracted by the television to notice Hancock and Sid are there.

Ah. Hmm...