What are you eating? Page 343

I'm in the apple country part of NY and I love it. I take the kids picking at least twice in the fall.

I'm not a huge fans of raw apples as snacks, but there's something about Honeycrisps that I really love; they're the perfect apple. (They should be at $3 per pound!)

Quote: sootyj @ September 16 2009, 6:23 PM BST

Get stuffed!

:D That was it. The stoner's cook-book.

I remember buying some blackberries (brambles) in Scotland and the checkout girl being amazed that people bought them instead of picking them from wild. She told me there used to be "loads of brambles up my granny's back". I didn't ask up the back of what but I did ask if she'd seen a doctor, to which she replied completely deadpan that she was dead. As this was in Glasgow I think she was joking.

Chicken Soup.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 16 2009, 7:01 PM BST

I remember buying some blackberries (brambles) in Scotland and the checkout girl being amazed that people bought them instead of picking them from wild.

I don't blame her. Half the fun of the blackberry is that you've picked it yourself.

What's the other half?

Quote: chipolata @ September 17 2009, 10:47 AM BST

I don't blame her. Half the fun of the blackberry is that you've picked it yourself.

Yeah but when I lived in the country I got a bit put off when I picked some and saw a huge black rat sitting in the bush, dining on the berries.

Then my dog killed him.

I'm just about to bake some asparagus and parmasan tarts for lunch.

The stained fingers, poison ivy, stepping in shit, finding a rotting corpse, I could go on...

Strangling a baby lamb is half the fun...

Ooo, I have some lamb left over from last night's dinner in the fridge, might bung that in the lunch too.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 17 2009, 11:06 AM BST

What's the other half?

Taking them to your mom and forcing her to bake you a nice blackberry pie.

Quote: chipolata @ September 17 2009, 11:11 AM BST

;)

Quote: chipolata @ September 17 2009, 11:11 AM BST

Are you American Chip?

Quote: AndreaLynne @ September 17 2009, 11:07 AM BST

The stained fingers, poison ivy, stepping in shit, finding a rotting corpse, I could go on...

A friend of mine was picking wild blackberries in her backyard, which backs up to our Veteran's hospital, and found the body of a patient that had wandered off site. Turns out he had disappeared 8 months before and they had given up on finding him. She can actually see the building where he lived from her back door.