15 Storeys High - opinions Page 4

Then it must have been somewhere else. On a cool comedy board... ;)

Honestly! You'll lift your skirt for any old comedy website, dear. ;)

comeancleanyerhandsonmecoooooat. blue rat indeed.

^woot?
Anywho, really like this series. But some of the in-sketches were not so much of an easy watch though. Like those old couple walking inside the flat for eg. painfully slow and didn't pay the dividends.

Would've loved another series myself. Was quality all the way through.

Watch Blue Rat. Martin Trenaman says "come and clean your hands on me coat" to Errol when he gets a job at the fish market as a walk wipe just as one word it takes Errol 3 goes with some welly. Anyhoo there was a Series 3 planned but Sean Lock and the BBC just could not stop bickering. The two best series of any comedy back to back you could watch though.

I watched Series 1 recently for the first time.

I'd recommend it if you like your comedy surreal. It's not brilliant but it has some good moments and Sean Lock is surprisingly good in a rare acting role.

I thought I was the only person who had ever watched this...

Quote: lofthouse @ August 3 2013, 1:17 PM BST

I watched Series 1 recently for the first time.

I'd recommend it if you like your comedy surreal. It's not brilliant but it has some good moments and Sean Lock is surprisingly good in a rare acting role.

Clearly wrong Lofthouse as it is brilliant :) The swan episode may be the only time I actually did piss myself laughing.

I have just watched series 1 in its entirety over two days and despite trying to get into the show twice before this time I hit the jackpot and it was brilliant. Sean Lock is fantastic as the lonely miserably oddbod Vince and he also reminds me of the Viz character Aldridge Prior: The Hopeless Liar. I also enjoyed all of the insights into his various strange neighbours and Paul Putner in the bath was a particular highlight :( (I still mourn Clive Pounds...) Although putting a small horse in moonboots to reduce clumping is a work of genius.

The only negative comment I would have about this show is you get to see Geofrey McGivern(sp?)stark bollock naked, "my eyes my eyes my beautiful eyes!"

I think this and Nightingales are the two most repurchased DVDs in my collection as I've loaned them out never to see them again and then have had to restock my DVD collection.

Got this for Christmas, but only just broke it out tonight. First episode was funny throughout, but it was an out of context line that made me laugh most, namely:

Errol: Why don't you like being touched?
Vince: Do you remember 'Jim'll Fix It'?

Laughing out loud

Yikes!

Errol on the phone: "Hi mum it's Errol.......the Chinese one."

I love 15 Storeys High.

I have now watched and absolutely loved series 2. The surreal touches are superb, such as the guy doing press ups on his balcony with another guy placing a series of rabbits and tortoises on his back to increase the pressure. I tuned into the behind the scenes featurette which also starred co-writer Mark Lamarr. I was intrigued that part of Lock's motivation for his character, Vince, was that he was deliberately misanthropic to keep people at arm's length. It is apparently very easy to seemingly 'disappear' in a large city such as London.