15 Storeys High - opinions Page 2

Quote: Leevil @ November 8, 2007, 2:13 PM

Laughing out loud Better dust off Mein Dictionary Fuhrer Pendantic Shitter

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I love 15 Storeys High.

I swear my DVD is nearly worn out!

I think the combination of Benedict Wong's naive, yet optimistic Errol and Sean Lock's bitter and pessimistic Vince worked a treat.

The subtle humour of Errol, such classic lines as when he was in the paint shop and the guy gave him 1 litre of paint, he then says "is there such thing as 2 litres?". Sounds ridiculous written down, but in the situation and delivered the way it was, it made me crack up.

It was quite obvious a lot of the time that the stories being told by Vince were adaptations of stand up by Sean Lock, but it never felt out of place to me.

I loved the character dynamics. Vince was such a bullshitter and the retelling stories as your own was a classic recurring theme.

Lock and co managed to splice elements of the mundane and surreal to make a slightly dark, yet comical journal of life in a London tower block.

I agree with an earlier poster, it wasn't laugh out loud for 25 minutes style comedy - but wry smile, dark-humoured amusing entertainment. Definitely not for everyone. But for those that can appreciate the skewed depth of the characters and plots, you'll be sure to enjoy it.

"There is a horse in that flat!"

Didn't the second series of this feature Mark Lamar painted silver?

Yeah, I think he was a human statue.

And I think he may even have co-written some episodes.

Check out the original radio series, three of them I think, very funny, very surreal...

kjs

A radio series? Nice, I'll have to check that out.

Radio 4... as always... I think there was a series of 15 minutes episodes, then 2 series of half hour shows...

kjs

Thanks KJS, that's made my day.

Quote: Leevil @ May 28 2008, 11:26 AM BST

Thanks KJS, that's made my day.

That's good, it's nice to know I've pleasured a monkey...

kjs

And not for the first time.

Laughing out loud

Well.... I live only 20 minutes from Twycross, home of the PG Tips chimps....

kjs

Twycross \o/

Quote: chipolata @ May 28 2008, 10:53 AM BST

And I think he may even have co-written some episodes.

Mark Lamar co-wrote the majority of episodes along with Martin Trenaman. He also script-edited both series under his real name, Mark Jones.