Shooting Stars Page 13

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 27 2009, 12:25 PM BST

Very poor. (But then Shooting Stars was a pretty lazy show, relying on reputation rather than wit, after the first couple of series.) Watched it on the off-chance that some effort had been put into revamping it. No evidence of that. Vic, Bob & Lucas just half-heartedly coasting along with stale material. :(

Have to agree I'm sure they can find Vic and Bob a few guest spots in Midsommer Murders or Lewis or something (or perhaps Ashes to Ashes as a homage to Morcambe and Wise's tedious Sweeney appearance).

Don't be bitter, lads.
You might be as rich as them one day.

Providing she didn't talk, I'd happily marry Nancy Sorrel and live on a farm with her.

Heh. The farm bit would be fun!

Quote: zooo @ August 27 2009, 1:43 PM BST

Heh. The farm bit would be fun!

:O

How have you managed to make that rude? How?

Quote: zooo @ August 27 2009, 1:47 PM BST

How have you managed to make that rude? How?

Cool

Zooophilia.

Yay! Give us Shooting Stars, we'd like more of the same.

Boo! We don't want more of the same we want something different.

Ah, the old fickle finger of fudge.

Bit rusty, but still great to see them back on TV.

I didn't want it back, but if it was coming back I wanted it to be better than it was before it went away. Thus I lose from any angle.

I loved the underpants too. Oh dear. And George Daws is brilliant.

So does anyone know who that bloke was to Ulrika's left?

Paddy something or other, Peter Kaye's mate.

I think it was better than I expected, actually, judging by the Christmas special! It was a bit hesitant in parts, sometimes a bit too much, but I don't think it was that bad at all! I really like Angelos, I wasn't expecting to like him (as a manufactured character) but I'm very happy to be proved wrong. The first episode wasn't as bad as some of the old ones, and not as good as other old ones. In fact, I'd say they weren't 'bursting onto our screens', and they didn't flop either. To me it felt like they were just carrying on as if the last seven years didn't happen!

Re: them both being 50 now; in my opinion it don't enter into it. If the performance goes well, then what else could you possibly want? Angelic

Quote: zooo @ August 27 2009, 4:08 PM BST

Paddy something or other, Peter Kaye's mate.

McGuiness. OK - I had no idea. And is the kebab bloke supposed to be a new comedy "character"?

And why do people like Ironik go on these programmes? They know it's only going to make them look stupid. Or do they think people will think they're cool because they can make themselves figures of fun?