Christmas 2015 Page 6

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th December 2015, 11:24 PM GMT

Can you give me this week's lottery numbers while you are on a roll. :D

Laughing out loud

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th December 2015, 11:33 PM GMT

Tites come down and Mites go up. :$

Not in my experience. Tites tend to droop a bit at my age. :P

Sick Too much information. Are they damp as well?..........NO! Don't tell me.

This is turning into a weird Christmas 2015 thread - 'spect the greying out police will be here soon.

Yesterday I watched Love Actually for the first time in honour of Christmas. Later in the week I shall watch Scrooged for only the second time ever.

Quote: chipolata @ 15th December 2015, 11:09 AM GMT

Yesterday I watched Love Actually for the first time in honour of Christmas. Later in the week I shall watch Scrooged for only the second time ever.

Isn't the excellent duet 'Give A Little Love In Your Heart' from Scrooged? I love that song - their voices blend beautifully :)

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 15th December 2015, 11:12 AM GMT

Isn't the excellent duet 'Give A Little Love In Your Heart' from Scrooged?

I don't know. It's so long since I first saw it I've forgotten virtually everything about it.

Quote: chipolata @ 15th December 2015, 11:14 AM GMT

I don't know. It's so long since I first saw it I've forgotten virtually everything about it.

Doh - it's 'Put' A Little Love In Your Heart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp9R2rb0fbQ

Scrooged is the best Christmas film ever. That fairy is scarily violent. And I had a weird crush on the demonic taxi driver when I was little.

And Love Actually is always fun, if only to see a younger Rick Grimes.

Quote: zooo @ 15th December 2015, 12:12 PM GMT

Scrooged is the best Christmas film ever. That fairy is scarily violent. And I had a weird crush on the demonic taxi driver when I was little.

I think that I'm going to see whether it's being shown on the TV. Whatever happened to 'Digby, The Biggest Dog In The World' starring the talented Jim Dale? I'm pretty sure that that was broadcast every Christmas when I was growing up?

The talented Geoff Marshall's 'Chocolate Tube Map' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqb4u64hOw0

I say it every December but it really doesn't feel like Christmas this year. All the shops are decorated and selling all the bits and bobs but I still walk thru them wondering why they have Christmas things out. I keep forgetting that it is next week.

This is despite that the fact that part of my job involves rescheduling things that would normally happen on that day.

Quote: reds @ 15th December 2015, 1:07 PM GMT

I say it every December but it really doesn't feel like Christmas this year. All the shops are decorated and selling all the bits and bobs but I still walk thru them wondering why they have Christmas things out. I keep forgetting that it is next week.

This is despite that the fact that part of my job involves rescheduling things that would normally happen on that day.

I can't imagine Christmas being in the middle of summer, but it's what you're used to I guess!

It is. Yet a lot of the imagery we see and Carols that are sung have a wintery tone.

I don't normally post on here, but as this took me a good while to assemble and I'm quite chuffed with the result, here's my Christmas tree this year.

Quote: HMP01 @ 16th December 2015, 10:13 AM GMT

I don't normally post on here, but as this took me a good while to assemble and I'm quite chuffed with the result, here's my Christmas tree this year.

That's Aaron's and Mark's tree, surely? Assuming, of course that they live together in some kind of quasi 'Men Behaving Badly' scenario?

Quote: zooo @ 15th December 2015, 12:12 PM GMT

Talking of early appearances, I was watching Batman Begins the other day (still the best film of the Dark Knight trilogy) when who should pop up but a young Jack Gleeson, aka Joffrey from Game of Thrones. If The Batman had known how he'd turn out he'd have doubtless thrown the little turd to his death rather than giving him a toy.

Aww, did he look all evil back then too?