That's no way to talk about Herc.

I've seen his passport photograph.

Quote: zooo @ 26th November 2015, 12:12 PM GMT

Angry It says your location is England.

It's still Thanksgiving somewhere!

Quote: zooo @ 26th November 2015, 12:41 PM GMT

It's still Thanksgiving somewhere!

Wave

It really is the perfect holiday: more food than you can possibly eat, the company of friends and family, and football games on TV all day and night. And no presents required!

I'm about to begin baking two Key lime pies and a few other dishes to bring to my neighbors' house. I don't have any family members within a thousand miles, so I was invited to have dinner with three different families. Likewise my neighbor whose husband is deployed to Afghanistan. We'll have a feast and then the whole street will gather for beers and glasses of wine. We'll top it all off with a big bonfire in the woods behind our neighborhood. It's supposed to hit 75F/24C, so it's going to be a perfect day.

Ooh, I do love a bonfire.

If you were English I'd remind you to check the bonfire for hedgehogs before you light it. But I doubt you have hedgehogs.
Check it for... bears!

Quote: zooo @ 26th November 2015, 1:26 PM GMT

If you were English I'd remind you to check the bonfire for hedgehogs before you light it. But I doubt you have hedgehogs.
Check it for... bears!

Probably nothing more than snakes and lizards in the woodpile, although I did see a porcupine and about 10 wild turkeys nearby a few days ago.

Aw, the porcupine. The scarier, pointier cousin of the hedgehog.

It won't be long before the people who sell us things try to push Thanksgiving onto us and I for one, welcome it. But only the food stuff, if I see one damn greetings card, we'll call the whole thing off!

Quote: Lee @ 26th November 2015, 2:53 PM GMT

But only the food stuff, if I see one damn greetings card, we'll call the whole thing off!

I've never seen a Thanksgiving greeting card. They probably exist, but just barely.

It won't be long before the people who sell us things try to push Thanksgiving onto us and I for one, welcome it. But only the food stuff, if I see one damn greetings card, we'll call the whole thing off!

I am totally up for that.

Quote: zooo @ 26th November 2015, 2:58 PM GMT

I am totally up for that.

Baaa! Baaaaa! Baa! Baaa! Baaaaa! Baa! Baaa! Baaaaa! Baa! Baaa! Baaaaa! Baa!

Seems to me the people who jump on the bandwagon of automatically hating anything American are the more sheeplike, but hey that's just me...
;)

The more national holidays involving a day off work and a massive meal the merrier, in my opinion. I couldn't care less what they were in aid of.

Quote: zooo @ 26th November 2015, 4:34 PM GMT

Seems to me the people who jump on the bandwagon of automatically hating anything American are the more sheeplike, but hey that's just me...
;)

The more national holidays involving a day off work and a massive meal the merrier, in my opinion. I couldn't care less what they were in aid of.

It's always on a Friday, so most people turn it into a 4-day weekend. Schools in my city have been closed all week.

And as for sheeplike, we don't like sheep over here. The average American eats 5 ounces of lamb per year.