Raised By Wolves - Series 1 Page 2

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 18th March 2015, 6:37 PM GMT

Agreed, it's good to be able to discuss such things humourously instead of being ashamed and hiding sanitary protection away in faux cosmetic cases in one's handbag. Moran's 'How To Be A Woman' was an excellent read, especially the bit about uncomfortable knickers and her friend's thong morphing into a 'clit hat' on the tube.

I will be tuning into next week's episode, I think it has potential :)

I'm here to just enlighten people when they're wrong but can't see it.

People who see it as taboo must by logic, be ashamed themselves.

It isn't the best show ever made but it certainly isn't the worst. Considering I actually live in and I'm from Wolverhampton, I rather enjoyed it - the accents make me laugh. It definitely has potential, I'll be watching the rest of the series.

Quote: G180e @ 21st March 2015, 7:29 PM GMT

It isn't the best show ever made but it certainly isn't the worst. Considering I actually live in and I'm from Wolverhampton, I rather enjoyed it - the accents make me laugh. It definitely has potential, I'll be watching the rest of the series.

I agree. It is nigh on impossible to judge a show on its first, well second if you count the pilot, outing. It slightly reminded me of that Kathy Burke comedy a few years back where she showed a younger version of herself attending convent school.

Walking and Talking. That was brilliant.

Quote: zooo @ 22nd March 2015, 11:04 AM GMT

Walking and Talking. That was brilliant.

That's the one! I'll now follow the link to find out where it went to.

I liked the pilot, but Episode 1 seemed very tired. I could've done without Grampy's 'preparation', as much as I like his character. The hand-in-letter-box thing was a bit far-fetched.

The characters and actors are all good, every one of them. I like Della, and how she's always a hundred per cent unfazed. And Aretha is tolerant and resigned.

Mixed feelings about this. I liked the style and mix of music and how the mum is portrayed as a rockstar. But there were a few cliche sitcomy bits in it that held it back a bit. The hand stuck in a letter box reminded me of when it happened in an episode of Some Girls and I didn't really see the point of the Granddad's storyline as it had no conflict or a real pay-off.

I'll give it another go though.

I enjoy it but it's just such a shame it isn't filmed in Wolverhampton. Why didn't they film it in Wolverhampton? I could have appeared in it then.

I haven't seen it yet but I saw a newspaper review slagging it off.

Apparently it's set in the 1980s and everyone has a mobile phone?

The only people here who seem to like it are youngish females.

It's set now.

OK. Obviously the newspaper was wrong. I won't say which one.

Ha, whoever it was, shocking research!

Quote: G180e @ 29th March 2015, 11:22 AM BST

I enjoy it but it's just such a shame it isn't filmed in Wolverhampton. Why didn't they film it in Wolverhampton? I could have appeared in it then.

Too expensive, as that's not where any of the studios (and thus crew and other support services) are.

Really enjoying this series, episode 2 was terrific - looking forward to episode 3.

:)

Put me down as someone else that can't really get along with this. I do like Caitlin Moran and have read and enjoyed her books and so wanted to like this, but it seems to be a show that doesn't know what it wants to be. It seems to have at least some grounding in a realistic setting, yet has relatively young kids throwing out particularly well crafted zingers every twenty seconds. Nothing wrong with that (and a lot of them are very well written), but it jars with the "universe" it's created for itself for me - can't quite put my finger on it, but it doesn't seem to have enough of "sitcommy" elements for them to get away with it.

I've seen far worse shows, and it's perfectly watchable but it's not the must see show I was hoping for.