Up The Women - Series 2 Page 3

You said earlier you watched ep 1 and then forgot about it.

I reckon that I'll rent this series on DVD in say, a year or so and really love it. I'm quixotic like that.

On a similar topic, there was a bit in this week's Radio Times where Catrin Moran was informed that there was 'already one female-centric sitcom airing on the BBC at the moment and as a result, there wasn't room for her 'Raised By Wolves' show.' Pfffft.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 8th March 2015, 8:20 AM GMT

You said earlier you watched ep 1 and then forgot about it.

Yes ep1 of S2 and all of S1. I didn't bother after S2 ep1 because I could see it hadn't progressed enough as a sitcom. A shame I thought, as it was a good sitcom idea and had a good cast. The scripts were too mild and the production budget an insult for BBC2.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 8th March 2015, 6:17 PM GMT

On a similar topic, there was a bit in this week's Radio Times where Catrin Moran was informed that there was 'already one female-centric sitcom airing on the BBC at the moment and as a result, there wasn't room for her 'Raised By Wolves' show.' Pfffft.

:O
F**k's sake.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 8th March 2015, 7:23 PM GMT

..the production budget an insult for BBC2.

Wasn't that part of the retro look?

But it's a Channel 4 show and doing quite well. The Beeb turning down your sitcom shouldn't be the big problem it once was to writers with a decent sitcom to hawk around. The Beeb don't have the huge pull they once did, it's just as likely to die a death on BBC2 as on any TV channel these days. A thing thought impossible 20 years ago.

I reckon that I'll rent this series on DVD in say, a year or so and really love it. I'm quixotic like that.

I read that she'd been told that in 2011 and had subsequently decided to write 'How to be a woman' - so maybe it was a different all female sitcom? She also seemed to suggest that it was just a pilot (not series) and was on at Christmas.

Quote: Bonzo @ 19th March 2015, 2:06 PM GMT

I read that she'd been told that in 2011 and had subsequently decided to write 'How to be a woman' - so maybe it was a different all female sitcom? She also seemed to suggest that it was just a pilot (not series) and was on at Christmas.

It could well had been. Caitlin and her sister Caroline were interviewed on 'Women's Hour' on Monday (I think) - therefore I may have a listen and determine more :)

Radio Times is reporting that Up the Women is not being renewed for a 3rd series. http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-03-30/bbc-axes-jessica-hynes-comedy-up-the-women

Channel 4 again?

Quote: ScotiaNova @ 30th March 2015, 4:55 PM BST

Radio Times is reporting that Up the Women is not being renewed for a 3rd series. http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-03-30/bbc-axes-jessica-hynes-comedy-up-the-women

That's a pity, I thought it could have gone on for several series.

:(

Quote: radiat10n @ 7th March 2015, 1:29 PM GMT

Strangely the final episode was very clearly meant to be the Christmas special, hinting at it sitting on the shelf for a few months, so if it's that low priority I doubt we'll see a series three.

As I suspected. Would have been nice to be wrong though, I'd have been quite happy to have had it return.

It's not funny!

But it's not designed for the Alpha Male, Chas.

Disappointing, but sadly not surprising.