Room 101 - Series 4 Page 5

Quote: barretter @ 13th February 2015, 9:47 PM GMT

It was OK but why did they use a clip of a Dutch singer singing in Dutch with Dutch subtitles to illustrate Christian Jessen's choice of German pop music. Sloppy.

Yes, that was strange. They just wanted to show this "funny clip"...

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th February 2015, 9:07 PM GMT

It was OK. that's it for me. Not on again for two weeks - wonder what for this time!?

It's on next Thursday instead due to the live EastEnders episode on Friday night.

Quote: Richard Wells @ 14th February 2015, 12:47 AM GMT

It's on next Thursday instead due to the live EastEnders episode on Friday night.

Oh, summat important then. :|

oops I screwed that up, I was meant to say Wednesday.

Quote: Richard Wells @ 19th February 2015, 12:50 AM GMT

oops I screwed that up, I was meant to say Wednesday.

I'm really glad that TiVo picks it up for me, otherwise I'd miss it.

I liked it when Peter Cook was on, talking about his pet hate, Gracie Fields (I like Gracie Fields), and they showed a TV variety clip of her, with an audience that looked like the "Women's Institute" from PYTHON.

Quote: Steve Burstein @ 19th February 2015, 11:49 PM GMT

I liked it when Peter Cook was on, talking about his pet hate, Gracie Fields (I like Gracie Fields), and they showed a TV variety clip of her, with an audience that looked like the "Women's Institute" from PYTHON.

Peter Cook was a bloody brilliant subject though - naturally witty and completely surreal. I seem to recall an anecdote where his widow Lyn got rather annoyed with Paul Merton for showing up at his wake and began screaming at him in the street. Well, that's what Merton wrote in his autobiography last year anyway.

Anyway, back to R101 before Aaron or Zoo grey me out completely. I thought Wednesday's episode was much better and Brendan O'Carroll was especially good, despite me not being a MBB fan. The whole panel seemed to gel well together and it was nice to hear Skinner's anecdote about Brian Belo's stupidity once again (he had previously told it on his Absolute Radio Show).

Bit better, and Rachel was looking very sexy. Lovey

I enjoyed tonight's episode and couldn't agree more with Adrian Chiles' complaint about people reclining airline seats. Des O'Connor looked half-dead though.

Strange mix of guests, don't know the young lady, Des seemed slurry and muted(he looked ill?), Chiles his usual charmless self. Hard work for Frank having to carry the show himself. Needed a comedian guest.

Quote: paulted @ 27th February 2015, 11:26 PM GMT

Strange mix of guests, don't know the young lady, Des seemed slurry and muted(he looked ill?), Chiles his usual charmless self. Hard work for Frank having to carry the show himself. Needed a comedian guest.

Didn't know her either until she appeared on the celebrity Bake Off for Comic Relief this last week, seems quite pleasant and jokey although not my type - dark and sultry, so it's no good her ringing me.

Des is 83 now and some people don't age well. Sat next to him at breakfast in the late 60s at a hotel in Great Yarmouth. Nice bloke.

Surprised to see Chiles on the Beeb after his hissy fit over the One Show many moons ago.

Like Frank very much, and I'll say it again - bring back the old format.

I think Des is doing ok for 83. Can't expect him to be as quick as he was a few years ago. We're all too old to know about Jameela Jamil. Apparently she's a radio 1 dj. Seemed nice enough.

They do have a tendency to show 'funny' clips that have either appeared recently on another show or are several years old. I think they could do with a change in researchers/bookers/writers.

Chiles has been sacked by ITV so he needs the work.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th February 2015, 8:36 PM GMT

Chiles has been sacked by ITV so he needs the work.

Oh, perhaps he'll now rue the sulk he had about The One Show and then walked out. Silly man.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th February 2015, 11:27 PM GMT

Oh, perhaps he'll now rue the sulk he had about The One Show and then walked out. Silly man.

He's a Brummie, what do you expect?