Room 101 - Series 4

Starts this coming Friday 8.30 BBC 1 with Tim Vine, Len Goodman and Ronni Ancona should be good. :)

Be very good to see Tim on'telly again.

SERIES FOUR

I always enjoy FS as I'm always banging on about on these boards. I think that he's really invigorated a slightly moribund show, I mean, as much as I rate Paul Merton I think that he was a poor successor to Nick Hancock.

Actually, talking of NH, I think I'd like to see some of the original episodes once again. I managed to see some excerpts on YT and they were pretty funny. I seem to recall a comment on a celebrity's dancing style thus: "akin to somebody being kicked up the arse by the invisible man."

Good original series, but always thought NH was a bit smug. Am loving Frank though. :D

He could be, a tiny bit. Do you recall the ITV one series sitcom which also starred Punt and Dennis: You, Me and Him?

NH was much more of a strict host than PM ever was. I also rated the 'Radio Room 101' which was perpetually playing.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 28th December 2014, 11:54 AM GMT

I always enjoy FS as I'm always banging on about on these boards. I think that he's really invigorated a slightly moribund show, I mean, as much as I rate Paul Merton I think that he was a poor successor to Nick Hancock.

Actually, talking of NH, I think I'd like to see some of the original episodes once again. I managed to see some excerpts on YT and they were pretty funny. I seem to recall a comment on a celebrity's dancing style thus: "akin to somebody being kicked up the arse by the invisible man."

There are some entire episodes on YouTube of the original Nick Hancock series that are very much worth watching.

Frank Skinner as guest is great and Peter Cook, Mark Lamarr, Ian Hislop etc. are all also very enjoyable.

Quote: Nick @ 28th December 2014, 4:26 PM GMT

There are some entire episodes on YouTube of the original Nick Hancock series that are very much worth watching.

Frank Skinner as guest is great and Peter Cook, Mark Lamarr, Ian Hislop etc. are all also very enjoyable.

Ooh thanks - I'll search them out on my pad later on. The David Baddiel one was especially good with special reference to his (now late) mother's love of golfing memorabilia, despite not being able to play the game.

I started this thread off as Room 101 - Series 4 as per the BBC web site, which is what it is, so why has it been changed? Angry

I guess because it's S15 of the series, but S4 of the re-vamped FS three panellist format?

*sigh* though. (consumes more white wine.)

mutter mutter Unimpressed

What are people's views on Tim Vine? He does love to crowbar about ten puns into every response? Also, has Ronni Ancona returned to the Beeb recently as I haven't seen her for ages?

That's what Tim is about.

Loved that one. "My girlfriends Simile. I don't know what I met 'er for!"

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd January 2015, 8:54 PM GMT

That's what Tim is about.

Loved that one. "My girlfriends Simile. I don't know what I met 'er for!"

Clever I guess, but seemed a bit forced....

I don't watch those dancing programmes so Len Goodman is a bit annoying too. Hmmm.

He put cats into Room 101! :D

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 2nd January 2015, 9:00 PM GMT

He put cats into Room 101! :D

Agreed. Mind you, he does have a point, although I own two moggies at the moment, both of whom defecate on our borders :S. Lauryn Hill used to sing about 'defecating on your microphone' - I am guessing Vine's neighbours' felines have never done that at one of his gigs?

I wholeheartedly agree with Ms Ancona's views on smalltalk being pointless. Poor old Ronnie C though: he still misses that paycheck.

SERIES FOUR

Thoroughly enjoyed it - good start to the series and I guess I am in Len's Old Fart Brigade as I agreed with everything he said. Metric (1.87m tall - WTF is that?) and I have never eaten curry or like Italian pasta of any sort...........do enjoy a Chinese though.