Toast of London - Series 2 Page 4

I bloody love Toast Of London. Every episode seems to become more and more unhinged. Such a barmy, brilliant televisual joy.

Quote: Aaron @ 3rd December 2014, 12:55 PM GMT

I bloody love Toast Of London. Every episode seems to become more and more unhinged. Such a barmy, brilliant televisual joy.

That it is. I like the way each successive episode gives a little bit more screen time to Danny Bear and Clem Fandango. Funny scene in ep 5 with Fandango banging Mrs Toast during Toast's wedding speech dissing other thesps who he thinks have done him wrong. Priceless. And also the way Clam Fandango's clothes sense gets a bit more bizarre each time.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 29th November 2014, 1:45 AM GMT

It must be me . . . .

I agree with you.

I WANT to like it but it just does not make me laugh.

I usually love surreal comedy but I just find it just annoying, like when he keeps saying "Yes I can hear you Clem Fandango".

I loved episode 1 of the first series (with the lady who looked like Bruce Forsyth) but since then I have hardly raised a laugh at any of the episodes.

..why keep watching it then....well, in the hope I will find an episode amusing.

Quote: Aaron @ 3rd December 2014, 12:55 PM GMT

Blimey, there really is a first time for everything, I completely agree with Aaron!! Laughing out loud

This show is a gem. I like the fact that it's getting more and more deranged as it goes on.

Matt Berry can do no wrong in my eyes. The man is a staaaaaaaaaar!

For any fans of the hard rocking music out there, Josh Homme from Queens Of The Stone Age is in the final episode. That should be fun.

Alan F**king Ford!

Brilliant end to an amazing series. It seems like so long since a new comedy made me laugh out loud on my own like Toast does. Some Darkplace remnants too. Matthew Holness last week and the 80s soap flashback this week. Morgana Robinson is a top performer in stuff like this. And Steve Pemberton. This last episode was full of gems. Glad to hear there will be a third series.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 8th December 2014, 11:04 PM GMT

Alan F**king Ford!

Brilliant end to an amazing series. It seems like so long since a new comedy made me laugh out loud on my own like Toast does. Some Darkplace remnants too. Matthew Holness last week and the 80s soap flashback this week. Morgana Robinson is a top performer in stuff like this. And Steve Pemberton. This last episode was full of gems. Glad to hear there will be a third series.

I couldn't agree more Mr Wonnacott. Alan Ford was also in Knowing Me, Knowing You wasn't he?

Really surreal tonight and some truly laugh out loud moments that I had to rewind so that DH could hear them over my maniacal cackle. So glad that it's back next year.

I thought the final episode was one of the best of the series.

Managed to keep the plot on track, but still pepper it with some lovely surreal touches.

Couldn't quite believe that Josh Homme appeared in it.

Yep, fair play to Josh Homme and mighty surreal too. Just as weird as Johnny Depp turning up in a Fast Show 'Suits You Sir' sketch. A very funny end to ToL. What other series gets away with anything as loopy as sending up the Exorcist, homeopathy and knife crime, having sex while smoking a pipe and featuring a 'duet' with 'Francis Bacon'.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 8th December 2014, 11:08 PM GMT

I couldn't agree more Mr Wonnacott. Alan Ford was also in Knowing Me, Knowing You wasn't he?

Abolutley. He was Terry Norton 'An Innocent Man'. In a way he's much like Matt Berry, exactly the same character in everything but does it so well it's fine.

He was also very funny in Cockneys Vs Zombies and The Armando Iannucci Shows where he made a broken washing machine work by threatening it with violence.

In Snatch "I don't care if he's Muhammad "I'm-hard" Bruce Lee, you can't change fighters!"

That was a superb end to a great series. Everyone was on top form and fair play to the many cameos.

I'm very glad Series 3 has been ordered. Obviously Channel 4 are getting something out of this show even though it feels as though about ten people watch it.

Haven't caught up with this sitcom yet, apart from the pilot and a few clips. Mainly because of Matt Berry tbh, just don't know if I want to sit through more of the same loud stuff again. Was he wise to take the same character all bar the name onto HOF? I feel as though I've seen TOL even though I haven't.

And has he and Matthews actually come clean and admitted they lifted the character and his basic smutty humour from Viz? Be nice if they did, the comparison is blaring, he's practically a spitting image of him. Shame I can't do links to prove my case.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 9th December 2014, 10:03 PM GMT

Haven't caught up with this sitcom yet, apart from the pilot and a few clips. Mainly because of Matt Berry tbh, just don't know if I want to sit through more of the same loud stuff again. Was he wise to take the same character all bar the name onto HOF? I feel as though I've seen TOL even though I haven't.

And has he and Matthews actually come clean and admitted they lifted the character and his basic smutty humour from Viz? Be nice if they did, the comparison is blaring, he's practically a spitting image of him. Shame I can't do links to prove my case.

Which Viz character are you referring to? Luvvie Darling?

Was he wise to take the same character all bar the name onto HOF?

The characters are very different. He uses the same voice and that's becuase it's his voice, funnily enough.

It's leagues above House of Fools in the writing and the performances.

If he's ripping off another character, he's ripping off himself as Toast is almost identical to Todd Rivers.