Toast of London - Series 2

From the press and the clips I've seen so far it sounds great. Alison Graham in The Radio Times did confuse Berry's co-writer with Graham Linehan, but I for one am prepared to forgive her as she loves the show.

If she loves the show, surely that's more reason to damn her for failing to even double-check such a basic fact?!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the series as well. :)

It's my all-time favourite show and I love Mark Barry as the title character.

Marc Berry was also great as Mr Spooner in 'Are You Being Served?'. Plus he wrote and performed 'Everyone's A Wally', the theme tune for the 1980s Sinclair Spectrum game of the same name.

Seriously though, pre Monday's Toast season two premiere (as our American cousins may say) is looking good. I may have to dig out my Garth Mergenghi box set to enjoy a bit of Dr Sanchez action...

Can't wait for this (but I'll have to). A marginally better slot this time round.

Yes, the scheduling is a bit odd. Granted that the majority of people record/timeshift programmes these days, it's always good to watch it when it's first broadcast; well, I like to anyway.

First series was hilarious, really hope the new one lives up to it.

I 'kin well love the first series. I mean any show that gets away with casting Michael Ball as a heavy for Andrew Lloyd Webber deserves kudos. The premise for the first episode of series 2 sounds great, a celebrities vs prostitutes blow football tournament. Hope this series still has Ray Purchase and Clem Fandango

Quote: Alexei Q @ 3rd November 2014, 10:03 AM GMT

I 'kin well love the first series. I mean any show that gets away with casting Michael Ball as a heavy for Andrew Lloyd Webber deserves kudos. The premise for the first episode of series 2 sounds great, a celebrities vs prostitutes blow football tournament. Hope this series still has Ray Purchase and Clem Fandango

From press and trails yes, yes it does . . .

Quote: Alexei Q @ 3rd November 2014, 10:03 AM GMT

...a celebrities vs prostitutes blow football tournament.

Er, how is your blow football going?

It was very enjoyable I must say. Nice to see Louise Jameson as her former Bergerac beau John Nettles is scheduled to appear later on in the series. <3

it was of the awesome

I suppose Miss Whiplash and Cynthia Payne could swap ends half-way...

Excellent show, especially the nod to the Orange, as Toast might say.

Many great scenes last night and very enjoyable. My favourite scene had to be the one featuring Toast as Dickens arguing with Purchase as an anti-gay beefeater.

I was a huge fan of the 1st series, but this episode left me a little cold. Too crude. Not as clever as Series 1. Hopefully will improve. Bit disappointed. Oh well...