Citizen Khan - Series 3 Page 3

Incredibly, a fourth series of this crap has been commissioned!

Good as I rather enjoy this crap.

So do I. Its jokes are no worse than 'Mrs Brown' for regurgitating old classics/pap. You can see the plot a mile off and a lot of the actors are very wooden.
I still enjoy it though.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 15th December 2014, 5:08 PM GMT

So do I. Its jokes are no worse than 'Mrs Brown' for regurgitating old classics/pap. You can see the plot a mile off and a lot of the actors are very wooden.
I still enjoy it though.

True but talk about damning with feint praise except at least Series 1 and 2 of CK were reasonable which is two more than MBB

I didn't enjoy this series as it didn't really make me laugh as much as it should do.

I enjoyed Series 2 a lot more compared to this one.

That being said I can't believe the BBC has commissioned a 4th series.

This is a very good sitcom. Truly a weekly favourite, but Adil Ray should reconsider going back to the 1st and 2nd series style of writing and STAY AWAY FROM THE OVER THE TOP GAGS (e.g. harness in the kitchen, rockets, spinning praying mats, etc.).

Series 3 slipped a bit and wasn't as hilarious as the first or even the second, but it was still enjoyable.

Yours truly believes speeding the birth of Baby Mohammed... they could've waited until the 4th or even better 5th series and MILK IT.

Glad to see it renewed for another year.

I wouldn't say it crying on the floor comedy but it's definitely easy to watch relaxing TV, like Miranda. I like the concept of the show and I like seeing the take Pakistani/British Culture, it's also good to see the Muslim religion in a good light. The media make it seem like it's bad but this show is closer to the real thing. And I am glad the BBC have renewed it.
I love Alia and Amjad, they're probably the funniest two. I'm not sure why they sped up the baby, it was a weird shock. They could've got some funny episode out of a pregnant Shazia.
In this series though the mosque wasn't shown or Omar does anyone know why this is?

Quote: Jack Evans @ 30th December 2014, 10:28 PM GMT

In this series though the mosque wasn't shown or Omar does anyone know why this is?

Not sure why the mosque wasn't shown but Felix Dexter who played Omar sadly passed away in October 2013.

Sorry, but I'm also in the opposition to this also. The humour is so old fashioned. And the characters are stereotypical, with no dimension to them. I think Khan used to go to the same school as me, but past my time. My mum and dad love this, I guess this will only appeal to an "older generation"

The problem isn't it being "old fashioned", it lies in the fact that it's inherently unfunny!

Worst ... Sitcom ... Ever!

Lets face it with real honesty, if this sitcom was pitched as a white family then it would never have made it past the initial planning stage. It only ever got made because the PC brigade at the top of the Beeb think that we need a ethnic minority sitcom rather than actually thinking about what we want.

Yeah, call me racist for saying that if you feel better but it's the truth that this god-awful show would never have been made if it wasn't a BBC multiculturalism project. This is one example where "cultural-enrichment" backfires!

I still enjoy it though.

Quote: Alexei Q @ 17th December 2014, 9:41 AM GMT

True but talk about damning with feint praise except at least Series 1 and 2 of CK were reasonable which is two more than MBB

I agree entirely. I really can't believe they're not ITV shows.

I still enjoy it though.

Exactly, and MBB's is absolute shite!

Quote: rudy p @ 31st December 2014, 12:09 PM GMT

I guess this will only appeal to an "older generation"

Nope and don't know why you should think that.........I am way past retirement age and it is a load of unfunny bollocks.