Car Share Page 3

Ah, could well be, hadn't thought of that!

Quote: zooo @ 29th April 2015, 9:49 PM BST

He needs to clean his back window.

Never noticed. But then I don't drive, and avoid cars as much as possible. Will look out for it next ep.

Quote: zooo @ 29th April 2015, 9:49 PM BST

They've got the shit local radio ads down perfectly.

They were fun.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 30th April 2015, 9:37 AM BST

I'll definitely tune in next week.

Ep 2 is on tonight, Shandy. :)

Peter Kay (the person/ality) seems to carry a lot of baggage, in terms of his history, that completely passed me by, but this kept me amused and entertained, which can be difficult with a two-hander in an ultra confined setting.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 30th April 2015, 12:53 PM BST

Ep 2 is on tonight, Shandy. :)

Excellent, thanks George.

It's basically Peter Kay being Peter Kay in a car. I enjoyed it but didn't laugh much. The actress was a bit too grating at times, especially the moments where she sang. What the hell was the music video bit about?

I'm sorry but are folks on this thread watching the same thing as I am?
This is useless.
Watched episode 2. Half an hour of random chat.

Did the BBC actually pay for this?

And right after the programme they had their little clip: 'BBC - serious about comedy.'
'Serious' being the operative word, methinks.

Is everyone else still too traumatised?
Or have we actually lost some people during the broadcast?
Proof after all that one can be bored to death...

Quote: Gussie Fink Nottle @ 30th April 2015, 10:45 PM BST

Proof after all that one can be bored to death...

Either that, or proof that different people like different things.

Me, I'm a huge Peter Kay fan, so this works.
I think the cutaways to her singing are strangely out of place - but not disastrous.

I always think that musical cutaways are for the performers/writers amusement / self-indulgence. I can only remember a few examples that have made me laugh out loud (one being David Brent's self-produced music video). Mostly they are strange and often I'm waiting for them to finish so we can get back to the funny bits.

I enjoyed these. Peter Kay is not the best actor in the world though.

Let's face it Peter Kay could write the funniest sitcom ever and still be slated for it, if you're not a fan of his then whatever he does you won't like. Same with Ricky Gervais. A lot of people seem to be forgetting that Peter Kay didn't write this solo there are other writers too and it was never billed as 'Better than Phoenix Nights' that would have been suicide. Some people have different tastes a lot of people like a laugh rather than a good think when watching a sitcom. My personal opinion is that it isn't Kay's best work, but I don't believe he said it was. It's funny in places and not so funny in others. It's just a matter of personal preference.

Nah, I'm sorry. But putting it down to taste here will not rub.

There was one attempt at a gag here with the 'dogging' at the end (and Peter Kay laughing as though it was the funniest thing that had ever been ventured).
But the joke was telegraphed miles, miles in advance and wasn't really that strong to start with.
Other than that there was nothing there.

This is one big vacuum, not a matter of taste.
I appreciate that this is supposed to be genteel, understated humour.
But that would mean humour nonetheless.

This is very, very poor.

I quite like this, strangely.

But yes, dogging joke was way too obvious and not believable.

In the 'critique' section here, the main feedback that constantly arises is 'it's just banter', 'it's just witty conversation'.

Quote: curtis patrick @ 1st May 2015, 11:58 PM BST

'it's just witty conversation'.

I agree it's conversation. I'm not sure it's witty.

I liked the first one more than the second. And Kay's over the top laughing at the end was annoying.

Loved every minute of both episodes. Fantastic stuff.